8 posts
  • 1 / 1

The Rams will use their first pick to...

Take a player who can immediately compete for a starting role on the OL, or at least provide depth and a long-term option.
40%
Take a defensive lineman who would likely start as a rookie, or at least be a key part of the rotation.
50%
Take an EDGE rusher who could improve the pass rush and provide an option if Fowler and/or Matthews prove to be 1 year solutions.
10%
Take an inside LB who will provide more of a physical presence as a run stopper than Mark Barron provided in recent years.
No votes
0%
Take a safety who can play the nickel/hybrid role early and ultimately be a successor to Eric Weddle.
No votes
0%
Take a CB who will provide depth as a rookie and develop into a starting role when and if Talib and Peters depart.
No votes
0%
 by AvengerRam
5 years 6 days ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

As I work on my final Rams mock, I'm still seeing a lot of potential directions for the Rams' first pick.

What do you expect they will do first?

by snackdaddy
5 years 6 days ago
 Total posts:   9661  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

If you want to go on just need, I would say DT or edge rusher. I think Allen and Noteboom can handle the new responsibilities as starters. If they're going BPA I gotta think its on defense with the draft being so deep there. Although if a guy like Bradbury drops to them I can see him being the pick. He's might be the safest pick as far as a 5 year starter. I personally think we need a stout DT on the line.

by Hacksaw
5 years 6 days ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Gimme beef on the O-line. Gotta protect our skilled position guys.

by PARAM
5 years 6 days ago
 Total posts:   12247  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Three directions that I think are possible (of course there are more).

1. Defensive lineman
2. Offensive lineman
3. Trade down

by BobCarl
5 years 6 days ago
 Total posts:   4306  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

snackdaddy wrote:If you want to go on just need...
I don't think the Rams will reach for need.

I didn't choose in the poll.

I think they will take someone that can immediately help the team, but at #31, who we take will depend on who is no longer left on the board.

It could be Corner, it could be OL, it could be Edge, it could be ILB ... I don't think that anyone in the Rams organization will even throw a dart at the above poll. It doesn't make sense to me to lock into one position this early in the game.

by Rams43
5 years 5 days ago
 Total posts:   64  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

I think that the best intersection of talent meeting need at pick #31 will probably be at NT or DE.

Now, if Snead trades down into the early 2nd that could change.

About the OL. I’m not seeing it with our first pick. Snead will address OL, I’m sure, but probably with a 3rd or maybe even later. That’s the way he likes to roll.

• 1 / 1
8 posts Apr 25 2024