Chase Winovich.

Call it a hunch. Lol.

by AvengerRam
5 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Two notes about omissions:

1. I don't have Jeffrey Simmons, DL, Mississippi State, on my board. From a pure talent standpoint, he'd be a Top. 20 guy on the board. However, given his off the field issues and ACL tear (which might scuttle his rookie year), I would prefer that the Rams pass on him.

2. I have no WRs on my board. While I could see the Rams taking a guy on Day 3, I'd be surprised to see them use a Top 100 pick on the position, given what we already have.

by BobCarl
5 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:Here are my Top 60 prospects for the Rams:

11. Jonah Williams, OL, Alabama
12. Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
13. Brian Burns, EDGE, Florida State
14. Dexter Lawrence, DL, Clemson
15. Cody Ford, OL, Oklahoma
16. Garrett Bradbury, C/OG, NC State
17. Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
18. Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
19. Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
20. Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State

21. T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
22. Greg Little, OL, Ole Miss

Let's get real. Are there any of your top-10 that are likely to be available at #31 ? Are there any of your bottom 30 worth taking in the First?

In your opinion what 4 or 5 players in your 11-22 list are most likely to be available at #31. !

In your opinion please list 6-8 players that could be available for the Rams next pick?

by AvengerRam
5 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:Let's get real. Are there any of your top-10 that are likely to be available at #31 ?

Probably not, but I find it helpful to start at the top to get an idea of who might be there when the Rams pick.

Are there any of your bottom 30 worth taking in the First?

Again, probably not (though some like Jaylon Ferguson more than I do), but they are players who could be relevant either (1) if the Rams trade back, or (2) in the third round.

In your opinion what 4 or 5 players in your 11-22 list are most likely to be available at #31.

I'd say Lawrence, Bradbury, Murphy, Baker and Abram are all strong possibilities.

In your opinion please list 6-8 players that could be available for the Rams next pick?

Thornhill, Lewis-Marshall, Takitaki, Cominski, McGovern, Miller, Long and Boyd are guys I wouldn't be surprised to see in the late 3rd.

by BobCarl
5 years 1 day ago
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:I'd say Lawrence, Bradbury, Murphy, Baker and Abram are all strong possibilities.
awesome, I'll watch for these guys and hope that one of them is wearing a Rams Jersey before day one ends.

Thornhill, Lewis-Marshall, Takitaki, Cominski, McGovern, Miller, Long and Boyd are guys I wouldn't be surprised to see in the late 3rd.

Thanks for the names. I'll do some homework on these guys.

by BobCarl
5 years 1 day ago
Superstar

Dexter Lawrence:

I like the video of this guy, #90 of Clemsen's defense ... (even the video of his offensive TD). To me, it seems at the NFL level, he would be more helpful in defending the run ... a big guy that takes up a lot of space and can't be bullied. What stands out most to me from the scouting report is that he is good at shedding blocks.

It would be fun to see him and Donald on the same line.

WalterFootball wrote:When Lawrence gets free, he shows a burst to close and can explode into the pocket. His athleticism gives him redirection skills that allow him to adjust to the quarterback. Lawrence also is a real asset for helping the other defensive linemen, as he can eat up double teams and get a push versus two blockers. The blockers Lawrence eats up makes it harder for offenses to send double teams to other linemen. Lawrence may not produce huge sack numbers in the NFL, but he definitely will contribute to the pass rush.

Lawrence is also an asset in the ground game. He is tough to move at the point of attack and has a strong anchor. He holds his ground well, and offensive linemen really struggle to get any kind of push on Lawrence. His lateral anchor is good as well. He can use his strength to shed blocks and start tackles on backs on runs up the middle. He also has the speed and athleticism to flow to the ball and get in on tackles outside of his gap. Lawrence gets into trouble if he stands up too high. Maintaining leverage and his conditioning will be points of emphasis during his pro career. Still, Lawrence should end up being a very good run defender at the next level.

For the NFL, Lawrence fits any defense. He could be a nose tackle in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense. With his length, Lawrence could play some five-technique defensive end in a 3-4 as well. In the 2019 NFL Draft, Lawrence could be a late first-round or second-round pick.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/scoutingrepor ... z5lOCLd9lO

by BobCarl
5 years 1 day ago
Superstar

Garrett Bradbury
I like the way he attacks the defense on run plays, when blocking at the 2nd level he will give LBs fits trying to shed his block ... and in the video I was impressed when he picked up the stunt play without flinching. I agree with the scouting report on him that he is a pure center and not a guard, but don't think being 6'2" is too short to be a solid center in the NFL, gotta love his low center of gravity to get instant leverage.

WalterFootball wrote:As a run blocker, Bradbury is a leverage lineman who does a nice job of getting into defenders and using developed upper body strength to sustain blocks. Bradbury is a tough, physical, has some attitude, and blocks through the whistle. He does a nice job of hitting combo and bump blocks with his guard, getting on the hip of defensive tackles and helping his guard to open some lanes. Bradbury is not a bulldozer who blasts defenders off the ball to knock them out of their gaps. He is not a road-grader and is better when he works in tandem with a guard.

Bradbury has some size limitations, such as lacking height and having short arms. Given his size, he is probably going to be limited to center in the NFL. He could play guard in a pinch if there were an injury in game, but he is not a good fit to be an every-down starter at guard given his short height and arms and weight. However, Bradbury has special athletic ability and quickness to function in the middle of the line at center.

In the NFL, Bradbury could develop into a starting center early in his career. He could go as high as late in the first round, but is more likely to be a second-round pick.

by ramsman34
5 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   8522  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Sorry Avenger, but I have a very strong feeling Simmons will be a Ram. I think they trade out of 31 and get an extra 4th, possibly 3rd and grab Simmons in the second with their first pick. Him and Donald will be dominant for the next 5+ seasons, starting in 2020.

by BobCarl
5 years 1 day ago
Superstar

Byron Murphy

Charlie Campbell from WalterFootball ranks Murphy as the 3rd best Corner in the draft. I prolly should watch more video on him. I see him as an above average Corner, but moreso as an elite Safety. He has intangible "center-fielder" instincts .

I doubt he will still be on the board at #31. If he is, I hope the Rams grab him.

WalterFootball wrote:The things that stand out the most about Murphy are his awareness and instincts. He does an excellent job of reading the offense and getting himself in position to make plays. Murphy is instinctive in his route diagnosis, aware of what the offense is trying to do, and reacts quickly. With his instincts getting him in position, Murphy shows good ball skills to break up passes or pick them off. He is very calm and comfortable with the ball in the air and displays a knack for timing his contact well to avoid penalties while breaking up passes. During his NFL career, Murphy could produce some good interception totals as he has good hands to snatch the ball out of the air and he plays the ball extremely well.

Through defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake's coaching, Murphy is versatile to play inside or outside, which will help him to contribute quickly as an outside or slot cornerback. Murphy can play zone, off man, or press man. On the negative side, Murphy is skinny and his playing speed is above average at best. Thus, Murphy's thinner frame and speed would make him not as good of a fit as a press-man corner for the NFL.

• 1 / 5
42 posts Apr 18 2024