76 posts
  • 8 / 8
 by aeneas1
5 years 6 days ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:16-0 here we come!

so here's what the above looks like when putting opponent names and dates to the win prob projections... the rams toughest game of the year, according to the projections, is on the road against dallas (game 14).

VirtualBox_2019-04-18_12-51-53.png

by Mr. Sparkle
5 years 5 days ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

Question:
Why has only a partial release of the Pre Season been announced? Or did I miss it? I don't recall them releasing the regular season before pre season. Kind of odd they don't have times or dates yet for those games.

We only have one home preseason game so not a big deal. But I already have commitments for the home opener which is going to kill me.

by SpeedRacer
5 years 5 days ago
 Total posts:   389  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Mr. Sparkle wrote:Question:
Why has only a partial release of the Pre Season been announced? Or did I miss it? I don't recall them releasing the regular season before pre season. Kind of odd they don't have times or dates yet for those games.

We only have one home preseason game so not a big deal. But I already have commitments for the home opener which is going to kill me.

You didn't miss it. The exact times of the games are often TBD. If you notice on the initial Exhibition Season opponents it will simply read, Week 1, Week 2 etc. They are usually Saturday night games. But it can vary.

Its a bit of a pain but luckily we only have the 1 TBD game this year.

The dang college season is TBD until about 1 week before the game. Horrible.

Go Rams!

by Hacksaw
5 years 4 days ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

1.JPG

By: Andrew Ortenberg | April 17, 2019 9:43 pm ET

The Los Angeles Rams’ schedule is finally out. With the NFL revealing its full schedule Wednesday night, we now know when each of the Rams’ biggest games will be played. The Rams will be in the spotlight plenty, with five prime-time games in 2019.

Here are the Rams’ five prime-time games in 2019:

Week 3: at Browns (Sunday night)
Week 5: at Seahawks (Thursday night)
Week 11: vs. Bears (Sunday night)
Week 12: vs. Ravens (Monday night)
Week 14: vs. Seahawks (Sunday night)

But the Rams also have plenty of important games that won’t be in primetime or on national television. In particular, there are two stretches that could define the Rams’ 2019 campaign.

Right out of the gate, they have three tough games. To open up, they have a road game against the Panthers in the dreaded early morning 10 a.m. PT window. West Coast teams hate playing those games, and the Rams have to open with one. The Panthers started 6-2 last year before Cam Newton got hurt, and people have quickly forgotten how dangerous they can be when Newton is healthy.

In Week 2, the Rams will have their highly anticipated rematch with the Saints. The Saints might be more motivated for this game than any other regular season game in quite some time. It’ll be a battle, as the two teams have proven to be very equally matched.

Right after that heavyweight slugfest, the Rams have to turn around and play the Browns on Sunday Night Football. This is the first home prime-time game for the new-look Browns, and they’ll be looking to make a statement. This isn’t a Browns team of years past, and Baker Mayfield and Odell Beckham Jr. will make life very difficult for Los Angeles’ secondary.

If the Rams can weather the storm of those first three games, they should be in good shape to start the year. But once they get back from their bye week following their Week 8 London game against the Bengals, things get really tough again.

2.JPG

Immediately after the bye, the Rams have to go on the road to play the Steelers. Weather could be a concern, and Pittsburgh is a very tough place to play. The Steelers had a down year last year, but they’re still extremely talented and hard to beat at home. Just last year, Pittsburgh beat the Patriots when New England came to Heinz Field.

The week after that, the Rams host the Bears on Sunday Night Football. Chicago embarrassed the Rams last year, also on Sunday Night Football, holding them to just six points. Jared Goff threw four interceptions and really struggled against their elite defense. The Rams’ offensive line will need to do a much better job protecting him from Khalil Mack and Co.

They don’t get a break from the big stage, as the very next week they play the Ravens on Monday Night Football. The Ravens’ rushing attack dominated down the stretch last season, and it’s safe to say this Rams defense has never faced anything like Lamar Jackson.

It’s a really tough three-game stretch, and although they then get a little reprieve with the Cardinals, the Rams have big games against the Seahawks and Cowboys right after. The Rams slumped after their bye week last year, and they can’t afford to do so again this year with the bye week coming much earlier.

These two stretches will determine whether or not the Rams’ 2019 season is a success. As a result of winning the NFC West last year, the Rams have a first-place schedule. Playing each of the division winners in the conference, a trip abroad, five prime-time games, and a bunch of tough road dates ensure the path won’t be easy. These handful of games will show us what kind of team they’re going to be.

by snackdaddy
5 years 3 days ago
 Total posts:   9661  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

The final 5 games are favorable to close out 4-1 or even 5-0. We have the Seahawks at home. They're not as tough away from their stadium. The Cowboys game could be a tough road game. But its winnable and we'll probably be favored. Its hard to tell what the Cowboys team will look like. They had a good defense last year, but defenses tend to slip a little from one year to the next. I wouldn't pencil them in as a playoff team just yet.

All in all, every game is winnable. A far cry from the pre McVay years when I used to look at the schedule and see if there were any "could win" games. I never felt there were any "should win" games back then. Just some maybe's and some sure losses. Now they're just about all "should win" games with no sure losses.

by ramsman34
5 years 3 days ago
 Total posts:   8536  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I think the Rams will start slow this season with the o-line uncertainty and potential SB loss still lingering. Hopefully they don't look as inconsistent at the end of the season as they did last year. I see 5-6 losses. At Carolina, at Seattle, at Atlanta, at Pittsburgh, and home against the Bears or Saints - we could easily lose one of both of those games. 11-5 should win the division. Will 10-6? And, will this team peak and be playing their best football at the end of the season? Will they falter like many Super Bowl also rans? Or, will they show that consistent championship resilience like the Pats have shown for what seems like forever and bring home the Lombardi?

• 8 / 8
76 posts Apr 24 2024