14 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:A better headline:

i dunno, strikes me as rather sensationalistic, even ominous, why not the simple facts?

"nfl network and redzone will no longer be available to at&t u-verse or dtv now subscribers."

or

"nfl pulls plug on att, nfl network and redzone no longer available to u-verse and dtv now subscribers."

by ramsman34
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

FUBO, Hulu, amazon Prime, then subscribe to HBO/Showtime, etc. I spend about $120/month and can watch anything I want for the most part. I go to sports bars for Rams games here in Seattle when they aren't on national TV but have also streamed them

by Elvis
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I think it's AT&T who pulled the plug, not wiling to pay the NFL's asking price. In either case, i'd be mad if it affected me. And since ATT also owns DTV it may soon enough. Though as a season ticket holder i get NFL gamepass which i think includes NFL Network on the app...

by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I think it's AT&T who pulled the plug, not wiling to pay the NFL's asking price. In either case, i'd be mad if it affected me. And since ATT also owns DTV it may soon enough. Though as a season ticket holder i get NFL gamepass which i think includes NFL Network on the app...

my guess is the sunday ticket is soon to follow... i remember once reading that the sunday ticket tilted the scales between directv and dish, and that without the sunday ticket paid subscribers would be about even between the two providers, instead of lopsidedly in favor of directv... that was the case for me, the only reason i went with directv was because of the ticket, but dropped them like a bad habit when i found an alternative... anyway, the sun is setting on sat tv in the u.s., and directv's (att's) exclusive deal with the nfl sunday ticket seems to be coming to an end too.

• 2 / 2
14 posts Apr 16 2024