10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by BobCarl
5 years 2 days ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

In the 1st round, the Raiders have the 4th, 24th, and 27th picks.

Fly on the Wall wrote:Mayock wants (to keep the #4 overall) to help put his stamp on things to kickoff his era so to speak. Obviously JG will have a say but the 2 seem to be able to communicate & JG is listening some logic this go around w/ things.

Team was shopping 27th awhile now bc they DO NOT want to have 3 5th yr options plus next years 2 5th yr options all tied up w/ the cap. 4th overall has been all over the map as to moving or not.

The way it appears now, the Raiders will take either Quinnen Williams or Nick Bosa with the 4th, if both are gone they will consider trading down.

A few names are slotted for 24th overall (White, Allen,Sweat,Ferrell, Fant,Hock, Oliver, & Burns) if several of these guys are still on the board, then it opens up moving back a few slots to recoup missing a 3rd & 5th from this year.

Next tier of players on the board...Murphy,Simmons,Williams,Bradbury,Ford & Bush

As always, things will likely change as we're still a week & change away.

by BobCarl
4 years 11 months ago
Superstar

Fly on the Wall wrote:Some of this has already been discussed but a few updates. Gary is a late 1st(27th) to 2nd rd grade now.I know (Sports Reporter) Vic Tafur has thrown something out that if a few players gone OAK would take Gary @ 4. Not happening. IF & this is a HUGE IF this happened this would be a JG move 100%. Meaning Mayock is NOT the guy we hoped & thought he was with this team. Thus far, it seems he has been a voice of reason & bouncing ideas between him & JG.Mayock wants to make a big statement @ 4 so unless they get a decent offer to move down AND Q/Bosa are off the board. They like Allen but could move down a few spots & still get him likely. If not, they still have some guys(which I mentioned) they'd be more then happy with.Nonetheless, should be exciting this year & in a good way.

by BobCarl
4 years 11 months ago
Superstar

Fly On The Wall wrote:Scouts:

Yes, they have been sent home. Not a big deal IMO. It is only news that trolls (need)....

Yes, there have been leaks. Have been leaks before JG was hired, nothing ground breaking here.

What makes me laugh is scouts being sent home from ALL teams usually @ this point in time. Scouts are the ones who travel the most of all that are employed by NFL teams.In fact, before the Ian tweet, former GM Mark Dominik had mentioned on Sirius as a GM he always sent his guys home around this time & would rally back right before or day of draft. Allowed the scouts to unwind, be w/ family & then reassess their regions they're scouting etc. Meanwhile Dom & the coach would use the time to tweak the big board, go over what players they wanted to trade up for or back for, how far. Also, allows teams to communicate w/ other teams to have some trades in place IF that was a direction they opted for.

I had mentioned when JG was hired there would be 2 yrs of shake up roster & f/o. So, obviously Raleigh is likely gone & another candidate could be Razzano.

As of now, board room (War Room) will be MM, JG, Delaney, T.Scott, D.Ventrelle & B.Kirbach. A few others could be in room come draft day but we'll see.

by BobCarl
4 years 11 months ago
Superstar

Fly On The Wall wrote:DRAFT:
I have mentioned this ... but just to recap.

As of Thursday night this is what I can put together from hints. Q is the target @ 4. Bosa is still equally ranked w/ Q but feel he won't be an option @ 4.

If Q & Bosa are gone, they will listen to offers of a trade back. Could be a problem bc word is a lot of teams looking to trade back more so then up.

3a is D.White & 3b is J.Allen for play @ 4. White has surpassed Allen on the board as pointed out. Murray interest is real but not to the point, IMO, JG would trade up for him.

Small school LBs that team could "reach for" are K.Hodge of Buffalo & R.Neal of N.Iowa. When I say reach, I don't see them being taken @ 35 overall.

HB-D.Henderson has moved up the board & could be a possible play @ 35.

TEs they like the most from this draft: Hock, Smith,Fant,SternbergerJ.Oliver(no specific order).

QBs: Murray,Grier,Finley & Jones. Jones is sneaking up the board as well.

Gary has moved up some but still a late 1st/2nd rd grade.

Should be interesting nonetheless. Hopefully MM is the GM & has some voice of reason w/ JG. If not & there's some out of whack reach or trade then our fear has become reality in the fact that MM is just a glorified scout wearing a name tag that says GM & JG runs the show 100% no matter. Don't get me wrong JG will have final say but again hope MM can be that voice of reason.

So, this should be final one on draft stuff until night before OR day of depending on how things go @ HQ.

by snackdaddy
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I know this whole sending the scouts home thing is overblown. Its not unusual. But I never thought about scouts that can't be trusted. Last thing you want is a scout leaking info on who your top guy is. I imagine reporters might have a rapport with some scouts to get the inside scoop.

by BobCarl
4 years 11 months ago
Superstar

snackdaddy wrote:But I never thought about scouts that can't be trusted. .

All of the scouts on staff were hired by the GM that was fired a few months ago. Very few if any will be offered a job by the Raiders in May, and they all know this.

And one person on the staff is the twin brother of the former HC.

There was a live press conference where one reporter asked Mayock about a certain player that came in for a visit. The reporter refused to answer when Mayock asked who he got that info from.

Reporters are sly and have a way of forging contacts for a stream of insider info. (wink)

by BobCarl
4 years 11 months ago
Superstar

at least one current scout will be staying on with the Raiders.

* Since '12 there have been 6 trades in the 1st rd. That should continue tonight.
* A few teams rumored on moving up: WAS,ATL,MIA,PIT & CIN.Most can figure out needs but WAS/QB, MIA/QB,ATL(if above 5 Ed Oliver or another DL.If 7-10, OL), PIT top tier DL, CIN/QB.
* NYJs are most likely to strike a deal 1st w/ a team moving up bc they've been shopping 3 since combine. They're in desperate mode they could take a deal that is NOT FMV/chart.Looking to recoup lost picks in the Darnold trade last yr.
* WAS owner D.Snyder is running 1st rd w/ Bruce(who JG is still solid friends with) & has their eyes on Haskins.
* Lots of smoke around OAK on what ppl think.1 thing to keep in mind..have been "leaks" on them moving up to get KM or Bosa. "Leaks" on OAK getting Haskins,Oliver,Lock,someone mentioned Gary @ 4. The 1 leak you have yet to hear handcuffed to OAK is Q.Williams.

Either, we should know the future of how the f/o truly is after #4. Here's to hoping Raiders don't try to raider themselves yet again.Enjoy the evening everyone.

by BobCarl
4 years 11 months ago
Superstar

Raiders in talks to move up to take a QB

by BobCarl
4 years 11 months ago
Superstar

not known what really went down yet.

My guess is that nobody was willing to trade for #4 and Ferrell is the best player of need on the board.

feels like a reach for need

• 1 / 1
10 posts Apr 18 2024