84 posts
  • 3 / 9
 by PARAM
5 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:In any event, unbelievable story.
And ends any debate as to who the greatest golfer of all time is.

Nicklaus? :D

Bad back hampered his later career, just like Tiger.
Won the Masters in his forties, when few gave him a chance to do it, just like Tiger.
Nicklaus 23 years between first Masters title and last
Tiger 22 years.
Only two to win each major 3 times or more.
But Tiger still needs 3 majors to tie the Golden Bear's total.

It is great for golf when Tiger is relevant. Jordan Spieth? Great golfer but meh on the excitement scale. Mickelson? Meh. I enjoy listening to him pick NFL games more than I enjoy watching him golf. McIlroy? Meh. Charles Howell III? No lovie!!!! The 3 most exciting golfers to watch (for me) were Nicklaus, Watson and Woods. I am too young to remember Arnie in his prime.

by azramsfan93
5 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Neil039 wrote:I am a huge golf fan. This day will go down as one of the greatest in Golf history. Even his peers greeting him afterwards knew the significance of this win. Well done Tiger, well done!

I am a huge golf fan as well, and also a huge Tiger fan. I watch every stroke of Tiger’s round yesterday, and it was unforgettable. This is great for golf, for sure.

by AvengerRam
5 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

It amazes me how much people care about golf and Tiger.

Not my cup of tea.

by azramsfan93
5 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:It amazes me how much people care about golf and Tiger.

Not my cup of tea.

It is my second favorite sport to watch, and the only one I can still participate in on a regular basis.

by AvengerRam
5 years 1 day ago
Hall of Fame

azramsfan93 wrote:It is my second favorite sport to watch, and the only one I can still participate in on a regular basis.

I'm not suggesting that there is anything wrong with it. I tried taking up golf when I was in my 20s, but I found myself more interested in spotting birds (I'm an avid birder) than shooting birdies.

As for Tiger, he's another example of how a public figure can run the gamut from beloved, to untouchable, and back to beloved.

I wonder who will play him in the movie...

by snackdaddy
5 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

azramsfan93 wrote:It is my second favorite sport to watch, and the only one I can still participate in on a regular basis.

At my age its the only sport I can participate without injuring something. I just wish I didn't suck at it. :lol2:

by aeneas1
5 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

azramsfan93 wrote:I am a huge golf fan as well, and also a huge Tiger fan. I watch every stroke of Tiger’s round yesterday, and it was unforgettable. This is great for golf, for sure.

the live streaming coverage of the masters over the internet was absolutely tremendous - masters.com, cbs's special / dedicated masters section of their website, the golf channel and espn via hulu, etc., you could have multiple webpages open on a large screen, each one with unique in-depth graphics, live coverage, commentary and story lines... it really illustrated the advantages of online streaming, and the direction content delivery is headed.

by aeneas1
5 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:I'm not suggesting that there is anything wrong with it. I tried taking up golf when I was in my 20s, but I found myself more interested in spotting birds (I'm an avid birder) than shooting birdies.

you might be using the wrong load - have you tried remmington's 208-count 12-gauge shells, highly recommended by field and stream.

by AvengerRam
5 years 1 day ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:you might be using the wrong load - have you tried remmington's 208-count 12-gauge shells, highly recommended by field and stream.

I think its safe to say that our affinity for the Rams might be one of the few things we have in common. :?

by TomSlick
5 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:I wonder who will play him in the movie...

My neighbor would be a perfect fit. Similar build and he's an avid golfer. However, he is white. Is blackface okay?

As for Tiger, I don't care for the man, but, strictly, from a sports perspective it is a heck of a story.

Not on board with his personal life. I hope he has his 'S' together.

• 3 / 9
84 posts Apr 16 2024