84 posts
  • 7 / 9
 by Hacksaw
5 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

AvengerRam wrote:Nice. White ibis and magnificent frigatebird.

Nailed it..

by RedAlice
5 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

We need a photo thread in the General Discussion area.

ETA: I mean so there is a place to enjoy the pics. Not cuz I mind it in this thread. :)

by aeneas1
5 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

TomSlick wrote:That is an entertaining story. It probably didn't help much that Barn Owls have that white, odd looking dish face. My wife thinks they look like vampires.

I really have to get a Barn Owl nest box. I'll have to talk to my Owl guy. Actually, I think he is located up in your neck of the woods...Wild Wing Company.

i can now die a happy man, i've finally met someone who has an "owl guy", love it!

i was so intrigued by your post that i googled the wild wing company, interesting website, some great info, especially regarding friggin' starlings, those little bastards, they terrorize all of the small birds in my area, wait until they complete their nests and then muscle in and take them over, they also crap all over the place, no doubt spray paint turf tagging to them, argh... but, yeah, the wild wing company is in cotati, a bit inland and north from me, about a 45 minute drive.

by Hacksaw
5 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

1.jpg

2.jpg

by TomSlick
5 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

RedAlice wrote:We need a photo thread in the General Discussion area.

ETA: I mean so there is a place to enjoy the pics. Not cuz I mind it in this thread. :)

That is a great idea.

by TomSlick
5 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:1.jpg
2.jpg

Okay, my wife put these pics together...Tiger + Woods

I have to admit I never made the connection. The second picture reminds me of those commercials on TV...you are faced with a decision, which path to take. Take the road less traveled. In this case, it appears to be the uphill trail to the right.

by Elvis
5 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   38495  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I live pretty close to the Sepulveda Basin Wildlife Reserve, got some cool bird action going on there, especially considering we're in the heart of the San Fernando Valley...
Attachments
BalboaWildlife-2.jpg
BalboaWildlife-11.jpg
BalboaWildlife-8.jpg

• 7 / 9
84 posts Apr 24 2024