102 posts
  • 2 / 11
 by aeneas1
5 years 6 days ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

honestly, this whole "trust" stuff strikes me as a reporter driven thing, they don't want to look like fools when they run with something they've been told, only to to have the rug pulled out from under them... personally i've never thought about whether or not i could "trust" what the rams front office or head coach tells me, in fact the notion makes me chuckle, like i'm going to quit pulling for the rams because they weren't perfectly honest with poor 'ol me, weren't transparent, ha ha... hell, fisher said bradford was the rams qb going forward, only to deal him at the eleventh hour - did i feel lied to? hell no, i popped the champagne! so to answer the question, i trust the rams decision makers to do their best to put a winning team on the field, beyond that i don't care what they say.

by dieterbrock
5 years 6 days ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

This whole trust thing is a bunch of mullarkey.
There’s never a “lack of trust” when the cliches like “smokescreen” or “coachepeak” are in play.
I think the Rams actions are matching their words. If there was any doubt about Gurley we would have seen some pickup that would imply that.
But instead we’ve got nothing new on the RB side and full confidence from the Rams.
I believe that McVay got carried away with Anderson, and was way too caught up in the running success.

by AvengerRam
5 years 6 days ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Mullarkey or chuckle inducing though it may be, I trust our leaders more than many (most) of our previous HCs/GMs.

by ramsman34
5 years 5 days ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I think the draft might tell us something, if they grab a RB early. Also, IF there are more serious issues with TG, the Rams can't say for myriad reasons - one of which is the giant contract they just handed him.

by PARAM
5 years 5 days ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

I trusted Fisher. Say what you will about his aversion to offense or how his defenses weren't really as good as advertised, the Rams were more "fun" to watch than the 6 years previous to his arrival. But I agree, it's not about trust. I trust them to tell the truth when they can and to lie like a dog when they can't. That's trust!!!

Did everybody trust Vermeil when he said, "We'll rally around Kurt Warner and we'll play good football"? Hell no. Some might have swallowed that immediately. And for those who didn't man didn't he seem like a prophet after 4 games? Still they didn't play good football; they played great football.

With respect to the Gurley "situation", who knows what the truth is? But Dieter's post makes a great point. You'd think if something were terribly wrong with TG, there would be another RB on the roster already......besides Malcolm Brown, Kelly and Davis. I 'trust' that until I can't.

by /zn/
5 years 5 days ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:I think the draft might tell us something, if they grab a RB early. Also, IF there are more serious issues with TG, the Rams can't say for myriad reasons - one of which is the giant contract they just handed him.

My own feeling is that they are okay with TG and Brown. I doubt they would take a back early because of TG. Whatever is going on with him, I think they think they can manage it. My bet is if they take a back, it's because they don't think Kelly can be their 3rd RB. And they will need a 3rd RB. However they manage TG, if they plan on running Brown a lot more than they have, that puts them closer to running a 1A and 1B back. The problem is, if you're depending on 2 backs, you need a 3rd, cause otherwise you're one play away from on having just 1 back. And it wouldn't even necessarily be something with TG. If they have to scale back TG's reps, then, what if Brown misses a game or 2? So yeah they probably need a productive 3rd guy. Now if they do take a back early, that would seem to indicate that in spite of appearances, maybe things with TG are worse than they're saying. But as I said I doubt that's true and I doubt they do that.

by /zn/
5 years 5 days ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Did everybody trust Vermeil when he said, "We'll rally around Kurt Warner and we'll play good football"? Hell no. Some might have swallowed that immediately.

I did. I believed him. Immediately. Only later did it come out that long before then Martz had lobbied for Justin (a guy he had worked with) to be signed as the #2 back, and Vermeil wouldn't have it. If they signed Justin, he would not be allowed to compete for the #2 spot, that was going to be Warner. This was during free agency so of course long before training camp. (They did eventually trade for Justin when Green went down.) The story about Vermeil insisting Warner would be the #2 comes from Martz himself. The reason I believe DV at the time was that they were in their 3rd year, the defense was already a good one, and they had traded for Faulk. All Warner had to be at that point was a competent game manager and they were already a better team even just with that. Of course...no one knew before the season that Warner would be far more than that. My first inkling was the Atlanta game when I watched "the drive" in awe as it was happening. I kept saying to my buddies, they're looking like the good teams that always beat the Rams.

by PARAM
5 years 5 days ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

How deep is the running back class this draft? Josh Jacobs, Miles Sanders and Damien Harris. Besides those three who doesn't have injury questions or isn't vertically challenged?

by SWAdude
5 years 5 days ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:So your answer to my question is....

My answer is..........strange response.

Interweb is weird.

by dieterbrock
5 years 5 days ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:I trusted Fisher. Say what you will about his aversion to offense or how his defenses weren't really as good as advertised, the Rams were more "fun" to watch than the 6 years previous to his arrival. But I agree, it's not about trust. I trust them to tell the truth when they can and to lie like a dog when they can't. That's trust!!!

Did everybody trust Vermeil when he said, "We'll rally around Kurt Warner and we'll play good football"? Hell no. Some might have swallowed that immediately. And for those who didn't man didn't he seem like a prophet after 4 games? Still they didn't play good football; they played great football.

With respect to the Gurley "situation", who knows what the truth is? But Dieter's post makes a great point. You'd think if something were terribly wrong with TG, there would be another RB on the roster already......besides Malcolm Brown, Kelly and Davis. I 'trust' that until I can't.

Great post.
And if I have to be honest, I trusted Spagnolo too, and at first seemed like things could turn around
Until he proved he couldn’t....
But with Fisher? Yeah, total trust.
Until we had total trust that he would never build a remotely competent offense

• 2 / 11
102 posts Apr 18 2024