46 posts
  • 2 / 5
 by dieterbrock
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I cant read any tweets posted here so I apologize in advance if this is duplicitous...
I know rumors are just fodder and all, but wasn't there some sort of nonsense regarding Wilson wanting to play for the Giants?
Could that be part of the leverage/deadline? Giants have some draft capital and could be a trade alternative if Seattle has had enough of him and is ready to turn the page.
One could hope at least....

by RedAlice
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Cowherds tweet -

Recently I told you about a source that told me Russell Wilson and his wife could potentially prefer NYC. Her career is a real thing and Seattle is geography isolated. Now suddenly he gives a contract deadline. Very off brand. Hmmmm. Cya in the AM @FS1

—-

Of course this is very gossipy and he is trying to get attention for himself with it.

by dieterbrock
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

RedAlice wrote:Cowherds tweet -

Recently I told you about a source that told me Russell Wilson and his wife could potentially prefer NYC. Her career is a real thing and Seattle is geography isolated. Now suddenly he gives a contract deadline. Very off brand. Hmmmm. Cya in the AM @FS1

—-

Of course this is very gossipy and he is trying to get attention for himself with it.

Lol.
I should have checked my phone first.... Agreeing with Cowherd makes me.... Image

by Hacksaw
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

There goes a huge chunk of Seattles cap.

Or Eli.

by Hacksaw
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

QFTOS Wilson Edition:

All it is is media drama right now, but let's say Russell demands $40m. I for one would say don't let the screen door hit ya on your way out. As good as a qb as Russell is, that would be handcuffing the Seahawks, pure and simple.

I agree that as great as Wilson is, his percentage of the cap should not be unlimited. Problem is we have done nothing to develop someone behind him. Ive always thought that in Petes system we dont really need a great QB, but that has not been the case.

He's easily 3-1st rounders... probably a couple 2-3 rounders as well. That has to be going thru Pete and John's heads.

6 years $200M, all guaranteed.
By the 4th year he'll look underpaid.

He's not asking for anything different that another top QB in his position would be asking. But for some reason in Seattle, many think he should just take way less $.

Boy, I have heard already things could get really messy here with this, and that is what I expect before all is said and done....quite the pickle indeed!

At this point Wilson deserves a big payout. We don't have anyone behind him. Wilson is a big reason for this teams success. Our defense was average at best last season. Without Wilson we win 7 games tops and that is being generous.

If Clark waits until next year to sign a contract, then he, Russ, and Wags will all play against each other to get what they want, because they know they can only tag one. Not a good situation.

Y'all are insane if you think letting Russ get away is a good idea. We've been spoiled with one of the best QBs in the league for the last 7 years. They do not grow on trees.

6 win team MAYBE without Russ.

Nobody wants to get rid of Russ, but you don't sell the farm to keep the bull.

He told Jimmy Fallon that "Seattle is not going to let him get away."

Weddle related.

Just got cut by the Ravens. if we can get him for less than the $6.5M he was due from the Baltimore I'd LOVE to see him in a Seahawks uniform!

he's still playing at a Pro Bowl level. I think he'd be great on a one or 2 year deal. He was a do everything star at Utah, played 5 positions including QB so he's the kind of unusual talent Pete likes, he's also extremely smart and lives and breaths football, exactly the kind of veteran influence for the younger guys that we're losing in Earl.
Of course this would only happen if he's looking for a winner, we wouldn't win a bidding war for him.

Too bad he landed with the Lambs.

Crickets

by snackdaddy
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

[quote="Hacksaw"]
Weddle related.

Lol, after all the praises, next time they mention him they'll be saying he's over the hill, washed up, etc. :lol2:

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

RedAlice wrote:Cowherds tweet -

—-

Set yourself free: unfollow Cowheard.

by RedAlice
5 years 2 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

I don’t follow him.

It’s still a tweet relevant to this topic.

by RedAlice
5 years 2 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:

Yep.

Just like the Niner fans now adore Sherman.

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

RedAlice wrote:I don’t follow him.

Wise woman

• 2 / 5
46 posts Apr 19 2024