46 posts
  • 1 / 5
 by AvengerRam
3 months ago
 Total posts:   2590  
Israel   Longwood, FL
RFU Fantasy Football Champ

Apparently Russell "The Taxman" Wilson wants to be paid (signed to a new extension) by April 15, or...

Interesting... or else what?

I'm not an expert on the Seahawks' cap situation, so I don't know if they will be inclined to acquiesce to his demands. Would he hold out otherwise? Demand a trade? If they do reach a stalemate, the timing would be interesting... 10 days before the draft.

The Seahawks have the 21st pick. Not an ideal spot to draft a contingency plan at QB, unless they want to trade up 5-10 spots.

There have always been whispers of Wilson being a bit of a diva who isn't really "one of the guys." This won't help.

Maybe it will come to nothing, but I'm not above a little anticipatory schadenfreude when it comes to our divisional rivals.

by Hacksaw
3 months ago
 Total posts:   15153  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

They'd suck without Wilson !

by SWAdude
3 months ago
 Total posts:   2068  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

He will get some good money and be a Seahawk.

Bortles is no longer available. :lol2:

by dieterbrock
3 months ago
 Total posts:   10020  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

SWAdude wrote:He will get some good money and be a Seahawk.

Bortles is no longer available. :lol2:

Yes but Sean Mannion is....

by aeneas1
3 months ago
 Total posts:   10005  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

would love to see seattle without wilson, ha ha...

VirtualBox_2019-04-03_04-00-51.png

by /zn/
3 months ago
 Total posts:   4176  
United States of America   Maine
Superstar

I don't know what Wilson's plans are, but players of star caliber can defy so-called team leverage. One possibility is sitting out and demanding a trade. The record on that is that it works. And of course he's a FA after this year. They could franchise him for 2020 but the record on that, too, is that it works if it's a star player who holds out and demands a trade. On top of it, the way franchise tags work, the team is on the books for the full amount against the cap in week 1, whether the player reports or not.

Wilson would know there would be a market for him.

Plus as players have shown, it is possible to undermine trades they don't like. In the last couple of years, Talib did that to avoid going to SF, and the Rams Johnson did that to avoid going to the Saints in 2017.

Star players have plenty of options when they start making demands like that.

by RedAlice
3 months ago
 Total posts:   4701  
United States of America   San Diego
Superstar

Cowherd adding some gossip ...

by /zn/
3 months ago
 Total posts:   4176  
United States of America   Maine
Superstar

/zn/ wrote:I don't know what Wilson's plans are, but players of star caliber can defy so-called team leverage. One possibility is sitting out and demanding a trade. The record on that is that it works. And of course he's a FA after this year. They could franchise him for 2020 but the record on that, too, is that it works if it's a star player who holds out and demands a trade. On top of it, the way franchise tags work, the team is on the books for the full amount against the cap in week 1, whether the player reports or not.

Wilson would know there would be a market for him.

Plus as players have shown, it is possible to undermine trades they don't like. In the last couple of years, Talib did that to avoid going to SF, and the Rams Johnson did that to avoid going to the Saints in 2017.

Star players have plenty of options when they start making demands like that.

And having said all that...

• 1 / 5
46 posts Jul 19 2019