47 posts
  • 1 / 5
 by rather
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   349  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Wonder when the "challenge penalties / no calls" will come into play.

I would actually not mind that much to see a coach be allowed to challenge one referee call per game that would result in either picking up a flag or throwing a flag.

But you make it very strict i.e. we're not going to overturn ticky tack stuff - the poster child will be the NRB hit or, ahem, the preceding Goff facemask.. where it is 100% obvious it has happened.

Can use this challenge at any point in the game, but once you do, it's gone.

And if you lose the challenge the penalty is severe - like 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty assessed in addition to loss of timeout.

by majik
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1201  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

So the Payton Whiner rule passed

by Hacksaw
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

majik wrote:So the Payton Whiner rule passed

Sure looks likes it. Squeaky wheels and whiney little bitches prevail....

by PARAM
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

How long before a rule change gives an offensive player and a defensive player on each team an X-box controller to determine who wins the game? No blindside blocks. No "defenseless" players. No concussions. No knee injuries. No ankle injuries. Completely safe, exactly the way they want the game.

It's only a matter of time before they outlaw trap blocks. I miss the days when receivers had to have their heads on swivels to go across the middle. I miss the days when you could actually hit a quarterback. And this year I'll miss some guy making a blindside block to spring a touchdown run. Well maybe not. It'll be flagged and the TD nullified.

by Elvis
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Coaches voted 32-0 to say they wanted this. With any luck this new rule will find a way to bite the Saints in the ass.

Also:

by DirtyFacedKid
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

Some penalties are missed. Nature of the game. Bottom line, Cooks should've held onto it, IMO.

• 1 / 5
47 posts Apr 16 2024