75 posts
  • 1 / 8
 by AvengerRam
5 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I mean, if I did, I might say it to those who argued with me when I stated that it was unlikely that Kaepernick received in a settlement what he would have received had he won, given this recent report:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/21/colin ... -eric-reid

And if I liked saying "I told you so," I might gloat about this comment from 49ers' GM John Lynch, given how some people insisted that BPA is a "myth":

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-at-no-2/

But that would just be wrong. I'll just sit back, content in the knowledge that I was correct and wrongly maligned, as vindication has come.

Oops.

by R4L
5 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:I mean, if I did, I might say it to those who argued with me when I stated that it was unlikely that Kaepernick received in a settlement what he would have received had he won, given this recent report:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/21/colin ... -eric-reid

And if I liked saying "I told you so," I might gloat about this comment from 49ers' GM John Lynch, given how some people insisted that BPA is a "myth":

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-at-no-2/

But that would just be wrong. I'll just sit back, content in the knowledge that I was correct and wrongly maligned, as vindication has come.

Oops.

Well played sir lol.

by Hacksaw
5 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I really feel for those guys. I mean $10 million. What ever will they do?

by AvengerRam
5 years 4 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:I really feel for those guys. I mean $10 million. What ever will they do?

1. Pay the litigation costs.
2. Pay their lawyers.
3. Pay the taxes on what remains.
4. Use what is left to have a nice dinner at Sizzler.

by AvengerRam
5 years 4 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:That’s not a response.

Context is a bitch, ain’t it?

You should also read the responses to the article.
You should also read on 49ers needs + top rated players in the draft... spoiler alert.. the 9ers need pass rushers, interior Dline & Corner.
Shocker.

The 49ers' best position group is arguably DL, but they may take a DL.

Lynch said they'd take the "best player available... regardless of position."

But, yeah... BPA is a "myth" that is never factored into draft decisions. You keep thinking that. :roll2:

by AvengerRam
5 years 4 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

by /zn/
5 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid, the NFL stars who alleged the league’s teams colluded to keep them off the field after they led protests during the national anthem, will receive less than $10 million to settle grievances with the league, according to people briefed on the deal.

The agreement is confidential so no one involved can comment on it. But if the WSJ report is right and they got less than 10 M each, that suggests the players settled because they were not confident they could win a collusion case (which would be a hard thing to do). That alters the story a bit.

So you have a credible venue (WSJ) relying on sources they don't name who weren't involved in the suit but were briefed on it (one possible guess: owners or their reps). That's not quite the same as publishing direct evidence, but valid news can work that way all the time. So until we hear something that contradicts it, I am going to assume that this story about them getting less than was originally said has validity. And as I said, that assumption changes the picture---unless someone comes out to show otherwise, now it looks more like the players settled because they didn't like their chances in court.

by AvengerRam
5 years 4 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

Ah... the fishing is good today... 8-)
/zn/ wrote:The agreement is confidential so no one involved can comment on it. But if the WSJ report is right and they got less than 10 M each

Not each... combined, and including legal fees.
that suggests the players settled because they were not confident they could win a collusion case (which would be a hard thing to do). That alters the story a bit.

Yep.
So you have a credible venue (WSJ) relying on sources they don't name who weren't involved in the suit but were briefed on it (one possible guess: owners or their reps). That's not quite the same as having direct evidence, but valid news can work that way all the time.

Almost like a report of a player suffering from a medical condition that came from a beat writer of another team citing an unnamed source?
Until we hear something that contradicts it, I am going to assume that the story about them getting less than originally said has validity.

I commend you on your consistency.
And as I said, that assumption changes the picture---unless someone comes out to show otherwise, now it looks more like the players settled because they didn't like their chances in court.

Right. Glad you've caught up.

I'm having a good day. 8-)

• 1 / 8
75 posts Apr 19 2024