50 posts
  • 2 / 5
 by TomSlick
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Rams43 wrote:I was born in 1943, Hacksaw.

Yeah, I’m old. Lol.

Always nice to see someone older than me here...but, damn, dude, you were around during those halcyon days of the Greek philosophers. I went to public school so my history may be off...

Welcome to the fun zone.

by TomSlick
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

As for the thread, I'd say so far so good. Snead and McVay...I don't even worry about it. These guys have the smarts to get where they are going. The tank is full, the directions are known, the weather is clear and we have a fast and reliable ride.

by norcalramfan
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   321  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Would like a veteran addition to the OL. Need a swing tackle and perhaps some depth at the center and guard positions. Love the signing of Fowler, Weddle and Matthews, but I'm real concerned about the second year play of Noteboom and Allen.

Draft will be used to acquire depth at OL and DL and our first round selection will be "penciled" in as a day one starter that's why I see the FO going DL as the first selection.

by JackPMiller
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2729  
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:I liked Warmack coming out of college, but he never really seemed to live up to his potential. Still, he's definitely a lot bigger than Blythe, and he's only 27. Not sure he'd come as cheaply as you think.

In my latest mock (shameless plug), I have us taking Conner McGovern from Penn State. I think he'd be nice competition for Blythe and possibly Allen (as he played both C and OG in college).

That is what the Eagles were paying Warmack, and released him. Plus, Arizona and Philly plugged Warmack on the left side. Makes me think he is better suited for the right side, next to Havenstein. One guy I like, if we can get into the later rounds, is Lester Cotton of Alabama. A sleeper at the Guard position, that I would not mind if we drafted him is, Lanard Bonner in the 4th round.

by ramsman34
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

If the talent is there, and better than our current depth, I can see the Rams going o line a few times in this draft. They might go D line O line Corner and then dudes who are STs demons almost regardless of position - especially defensive players and LBs.

by elmendorf
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   215  
United States of America   Pennsylvania
Rookie

TomSlick wrote:Always nice to see someone older than me here...but, damn, dude, you were around during those halcyon days of the Greek philosophers. I went to public school so my history may be off...

Welcome to the fun zone.

Welcome, 43.

Hacksaw -- I think you are younger than I am. Just a guess. I am 2.11.61.

by azramsfan93
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:Let's review:

OUT: Rodger Saffold, John Sullivan, Ndamukong Suh, Mark Barron, LaMarcus Joyner
IN/RE-SIGNED: Dante Fowler, Eric Weddle, Clay Matthews

The backup RB spot remains in flux (match on Brown, re-sign Anderson?) and we've upgraded the backup QB spot (Bortles > Mannion).

I think its fair to hope/expect that the Rams will be able to fill one starting spot with their first pick in the draft. With mid-round picks, they should be able to bolster depth and/or find guys who can compete for a rotation/starting spot.

My question is... will this be enough to contend again?

My answer...

Yes, if... the OL holds up.

I'm not worried about losing Suh and Barron. I believe that the Rams have enough quality front 7 players (including the ultra-elite Aaron Donald) to equal or improve on last year's squad's performance.

I'm definitely not worried about the DB, as I think Weddle is an upgrade over Joyner.

The only real issue is the OL. If Noteboom and Allen can equal the performance of Saffold and Sullivan, the Rams will be in great shape on offense (at a lower price point). I also would not be shocked if the Rams look at the OL early in the draft, as there could be some very good options in the late first round.

So, yeah... I'm feeling like, through the first wave of FA, the Rams have done enough. There's more work to do, but I'm feeling good about the status of the roster.

I agree with you on the offense of line. Let’s not forget about Cooper Kupp. When Cooper was injured it impacted the offense far more deeply than many think.

by /zn/
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

elmendorf wrote:Welcome, 43.

Hacksaw -- I think you are younger than I am. Just a guess. I am 2.11.61.

Youngsters! ;)

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2077  
Pro Bowl

I would have had you pegged in the 25-30 year old range zn. What do you do work-wise?

Bastille Day 1960 here.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2077  
Pro Bowl

Good farmer's son. About 0600 birth time. Up with the sun.

• 2 / 5
50 posts Apr 16 2024