52 posts
  • 5 / 6
 by moklerman
5 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:To me the long hair isn't a hippee thing. It's an efficiency thing. I learned to start shaving all the hair off my head when I started spring turkey hunting about 20 years ago. Much easier to find ticks on your head with no hair. Also keeps you a bit cooler in the summer. I let my hair grow just a bit in the winter. Also save money on shampoo and barbers.

I see Clay Matthews and I wonder how many hours a week does he waste working on his hair???

Also being bald makes it easier to treat head wounds and concussions.
Since Matthews has already done a handful of commercials it wouldn't surprise me to find out that he wants to get into Hollywood and thus has an ulterior motive for playing for the Rams. That and he went to USC. I just hope his focus on football doesn't waiver now that he's coming "home" and possibly has post NFL acting on his mind.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2079  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

He could have a pretty good payday selling a Norelco do-it-yourself hair cutting kit. And he would be faster without the needless weight of his hair. Also no more drag.

Gurley too.

by ramsrams
5 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

See?

by Hacksaw
5 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Dick84 wrote:Look how many years his dad played, for goodness sakes!

19!!!

Hoping CMIII follows his genetic suit.

by aeneas1
5 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

an experienced 3-4 lb who's had a lot of success on the edge, gotta love it... btw, the packers switched to a 3-4 in matthews' rookie season, and they were 3-4 defense last year, my guess is they've been a 3-4 during cm's entire time in green bay?

by JackPMiller
5 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

I wonder what clauses are in the contract he is signing? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Well Elvis, that $10Mil is a helluva lot better than the $16+ Millions that were being bantied around originally by the Sports Media on Mathews 2 year deal, eh! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

So an incentives-laden deal for an aging posterboy for Hair Conditioner who is reputed to be superior to the departed Mark MyExocetMissileGuy Barron in the run-stuffing department eh? ....and who is cheaper than Barron's $9 million (?) I think 2019 Salary if MB had stayed in horns? :?2:

Well, I guess I can live with that.

On another positive Mathews note, one of the other Ram Forum's posters indicated that TWO of Mathews 2018 QB sacks were nullified by penalties.....one of which was highly publicized at the time, where Mathews got a 15 Yard Personal Foul Penalty for making the "illegal sack"......similar to Aaron Donald's early sack below the QB's knees that RFU guys here might recall......it was when the zebras themselves weren't sure of what the "Strike Zone" was for QB sacks/hits!

So if Mathews in effect had 5.5 sacks last season, and is coming for to Los Ramos for under $5Mil per annum, then what the Hay.....let's have a Clay FlowingFabioLocks Mathews patrolling both Inside and Edges in aid of Wade Phillips' 2019 trickery.

From the FWIW Dept.,
Upon further review, you can move my Tag on the
MATHEWS COSTS vs. BENEFITS SPECTRUM....

from "BiggestWasteOfMoneySinceSOLYNDRA"
to: "Meh,Let'sSeeWhatTheOldFartStillHasLeft" position. ;) :arrow2: 8-)

Cheers from sunny Vancouver BC! Off today for Lake Chelan WA wine-tasting and golf trip with two other ex-military maniacs.....we heard the Central Washington economy was sluggish....so we're heading down to help kick-start their economy!! ;) :arrow2: :lol2:

• 5 / 6
52 posts Apr 18 2024