133 posts
  • 2 / 14
 by moklerman
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Have to wonder why it took 7 months for an arrest to be made? Wasn't rape or assault so I'm unclear what might have actually happened. Rath is married so if he was doing anything at all he doesn't have much of a leg to stand on. Of course, it's just as easy to imagine a woman threatening a man with sexual assault charges if she doesn't get what she wants.

Rath pleaded "not-guilty" through his lawyer and his side is saying they'll fight it as far as the law will allow so at least he's not immediately admitting fault. It may eventually come out but there's at least a chance that he didn't do anything wrong.

by /zn/
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Have to wonder why it took 7 months for an arrest to be made?

It wasn't 7 months. He didn't travel with the team in the post-season because of this--the Rams placed him on leave of absence (though publicly reported it at the time as medical). Not sure on the dates but that would be January. So charges were apparently made 3 months ago and he just entered a no guilty plea in March, which is what made it public. The trial will be in April, at which point everything will be public. And yes there is a chance he will be found not guilty.

by moklerman
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:It wasn't 7 months. He didn't travel with the team in the post-season because of this--the Rams placed him on leave of absence (though publicly reported it at the time as medical). Not sure on the dates but that would be January. So charges were apparently made 3 months ago and he just entered a no guilty plea in March, which is what made it public. The trial will be in April, at which point everything will be public. And yes there is a chance he will be found not guilty.
The incident was in June and he was arrested the middle of January.

by AvengerRam
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Perhaps a witness came forward more recently?

by /zn/
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:The incident was in June and he was arrested the middle of January.

Okay, I stand corrected. 8-)

by Hacksaw
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

After watching that video of him grabbing McV and pulling him off the field, perhaps Ted was just practicing.

Seriously though, it's amazing that a grown man wouldn't be able to control himself. Still, I'll wait to pass any judgement until after all the facts are disclosed.

by snackdaddy
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Seeing that its a misdemeanor I wonder if the league will let him keep his job if he's eventually found guilty or pleads guilty? I know they like them to come out and take accountability for their actions. Say you're sorry and you're getting help to change. Sad thing is, if you're not guilty its still the best way to keep your job. The damage to their reputation is the biggest concern for the league.

by Elvis
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ay-exists/

Sean McVay on charges against get-back coach: Some gray exists
Posted by Charean Williams on March 21, 2019, 6:04 PM EDT

Rams director of strength training and performance Ted Rath was arrested on Jan. 15 on charges of sexual battery. The Rams placed Rath, who doubles as the team’s get-back coach, on a leave of absence.

They have not fired him.

“There is some gray that exists,” Rams coach Sean McVay said Thursday, via Greg Beacham of the Associated Press. “We’re looking for clarity from that situation. The biggest thing is making sure we have all the facts necessary to make the right decisions for this organization.”

Rath entered a not guilty plea Friday to three counts of misdemeanor sexual battery for an alleged incident that took place in June.

by norcalramfan
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   321  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

I suspect this is a case of a "he vs she" type of allegation without any evidence. Many prosecutors are experiencing increasing expectations to file criminal charges in light of the "me too" movement and have had to alter their charging standard out of an abundance of caution and to avoid scrutiny, even when there is sufficient reasonable doubt a guilty verdict can be attained.

I suspect the case will eventually be dismissed or Rath will take a plea deal to a very reduced charge that won't at all look like a sex charge and will not result in jail time but will involve a fine or even a dismissal if he completes some type of diversion classes. He most likely won't be required to register as a sex offender because of a dismissal or a plea agreement because it won't be a sex related disposition.

• 2 / 14
133 posts Apr 17 2024