133 posts
  • 10 / 14
 by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

SPECIFIC SOCIAL HAPPENING............................................HAVE I DONE IT?
Meet a neigborhood guy & go for drinks & become pals........................YES
Get to meet & know new pal's wife and introduce to my wife................YES
Go to Fundraising event with other couple as a foursome.....................YES
End up at pal's place later for a nightcap when wives are asleep...........YES
Enter pal's bedroom &Advance to 3rd Base on pal's sleeping wife....NOPE!

Sorry, but I like the Bellicheck solution best. ie. Sayonara Rath!
Rath never denied doing what the sleeping wife alleged.
Rath is not some irreplaceable OC or OLine Coach.
Seriously, who would want to go for a beer with this Rath guy? Not me! :idea2:

My Solution: Los Ramos let Rath go quietly (with some generous severence pay) and hire a qualified US Iraqi War Veteran kinesiologist to administer the Strength & Conditioning Regimen to our Rams players! :idea2:

As always, just the opinion of the father of two 20-something daughters.

by Neil039
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Dust off hands and move forward, unless a civil case is coming.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Concur with ralphdieterbrock…..
IE. EXACTLY HOW IS TED RATH AN INSPIRATIONAL COACH TO WORK HARD FOR, HUH???!!! :x :arrow2: :oops2: :arrow2: :roll2:

by Elvis
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

It has seemed like the Rams wanted to keep Rath if they could since this thing started. And that turned out to be the case.

I think either they just value him enough that they were willing to overlook what happened or knowing him they actually buy his defense that the drugs in his system put him in a state and that's simply not the kind of person he is. Maybe if you know him that's believable?

At any rate, if the Rams start getting awkward questions about Rath, they can always change the subject to Gurley's knee...

by Neil039
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
Superstar

Elvis wrote:It has seemed like the Rams wanted to keep Rath if they could since this thing started. And that turned out to be the case.

I think either they just value him enough that they were willing to overlook what happened or knowing him they actually buy his defense that the drugs in his system put him in a state and that's simply not the kind of person he is. Maybe if you know him that's believable?

At any rate, if the Rams start getting awkward questions about Rath, they can always change the subject to Gurley's knee...

“Who are we to doubt the jury in this case”....never uttered by the Goldman Family.

by /zn/
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Neil039 wrote:“Who are we to doubt the jury in this case”....never uttered by the Goldman Family.

On top of it, in this case, Rath never denied doing what she accused him of doing. He just said he wasn't in control of himself due to circumstances and so did not willfully intend the action. So in this case, "not guilty" does not mean "didn't do anything," it's more like "we just can't convict you on this one."

If the Rams accept that, I dunno...I don't like it, but so it goes. My guess is that they have some kind of word that the league isn't going to come down on him.

by BobCarl
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:I don't have all the facts, so there are blanks I can't fill in...

A couple of other blanks I don't have filled in either.

We've seen it posted that the NFL hasn't finished their "separate investigation", and that the Rams statement said that they will "revisit Ted Rath's (employment) status".

It seems to me that neither entity has made a final decision.

Is this a personal conduct issue? or is it a false accusation? Is Rath getting away with murder? Or none of the above?

Yep, definitely need the same facts that the jury had, and maybe more.

by /zn/
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:A couple of other blanks I don't have filled in either.

We've seen it posted that the NFL hasn't finished their "separate investigation", and that the Rams statement said that they will "revisit Ted Rath's (employment) status".

It seems to me that neither entity has made a final decision.

Is this a personal conduct issue? or is it a false accusation? Is Rath getting away with murder? Or none of the above?

Yep, definitely need the same facts that the jury had, and maybe more.

We know it's not a "false accusation." We know that for 2 reasons. One is, according to justice stats, false accusations in cases like this are actually very rare. The other is, Rath never denied doing what he was accused of.

It's simple---Rath simply argued he was too messed up to consciously intend doing what he did. The jury bought it. That's all there is.

• 10 / 14
133 posts Apr 16 2024