133 posts
  • 8 / 14
 by /zn/
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Horny Mcbae wrote:I have seen too many women lie and ruin men's lives to just blindly trust any woman. People I know personally who have been duped and serious damage done to their lives (children) and livelihood, I won't go into details about them but a recent public case was that girl who accused Neymar (the soccer star) of sexual abuse only for Neymar to release the text messages between them which clearly show what the girl was doing. Not to mention a little video as well in which she is clearly seen as slapping Neymar while in bed to induce him to slap her back. He doesn't and just keeps saying I am not into that and I don't want to hurt you while she keeps slapping him.

Not to say this lady is not telling the truth or some version of it but the way she described what she did, what? I mean if a man other than your husband is seen in your bed at night and your reaction is to "pretend to think it's her husband" and act like a "tired wife". Hmmmm….. makes you think. I won't ever take just anyone's word as the truth regardless of their gender. It's for the judge and jury to decide.

And. Anyone who ever researches this concludes that there are far, far more cases where someone who actually was victimized does not come forward because of the "blame the victim" stigma attached to it than there are cases of false accusations.

Notice what you said for example. I don't blindly trust ANY woman? Logically that could mean you blindly trust any MAN when it comes to this. But that's too close to the kind of thinking that stigmatizes sexual assault victims and makes it very difficult to get convictions, and why we routinely hear that there were actually dozens of similar cases in a man's past when the first accuser actually comes forward.

This is just from one of the thousands of things that come up on this on a simple search:

https://www.brennancenter.org/blog/sexu ... erreported

... nearly 80 percent of rapes and sexual assaults go unreported, according to a Justice Department analysis of violent crime in 2016. The reality is, it’s very common for sexual assault survivors — most frequently, women — to decline to report the offense to police. At the same time, false accusations of rape or sexual assault are rare.

by Horny Mcbae
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

/zn/ wrote:And. Anyone who ever researches this concludes that there are far, far more cases where someone who actually was victimized does not come forward because of the "blame the victim" stigma attached to it than there are cases of false accusations.

Notice what you said for example. I don't blindly trust ANY woman? Logically that could mean you blindly trust any MAN when it comes to this. But that's too close to the kind of thinking that stigmatizes sexual assault victims and makes it very difficult to get convictions, and why we routinely hear that there were actually dozens of similar cases in a man's past when the first accuser actually comes forward.

This is just from one of the thousands of things that come up on this on a simple search:

https://www.brennancenter.org/blog/sexu ... erreported

WTF!!! What are you accusing me of here? Were you dropped on your head or were you born a simpleton? Every topic you pull out shit like this acting like you're the professor of everything. What jewels of wisdom you have provided on this topic, literally a fact every half educated person knows or someone who glances at daily news would know. And you were so busy hyperventilating with excitement about giving your little speech that you didn't even notice what you were saying and that it had nothing to do with anything I had said. Take your google search pseudo intellectualism somewhere else. You try too hard.

Mods is there a ignore feature so I never have to see this guy's mental diarrhea on a screen again?

Don't quote me again.

by /zn/
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Horny Mcbae wrote:WTF!!! What are you accusing me of here? Were you dropped on your head or were you born a simpleton? Every topic you pull out shit like this acting like you're the professor of everything. What jewels of wisdom you have provided on this topic, literally a fact every half educated person knows or someone who glances at daily news would know. And you were so busy hyperventilating with excitement about giving your little speech that you didn't even notice what you were saying and that it had nothing to do with anything I had said. Take your google search pseudo intellectualism somewhere else. You try too hard.

Hey...calm down. I'm not "accusing" you of anything. For one thing I wasn't being personal, and for another, you didn't do anything, it's just conversation. I was just pointing out it's way too common for people to assume negative things about a sex assault victim. And I pointed out that false accusations are rare. Those were direct responses to things you said. (You don't give blind trust to any woman on this issue, your words.) We're in the #metoo era. A lot of dark things coming to light. The things I bring up are just going to be part of any conversation about things like this. Even the Rath case brings those issues up.

But carry on, I'm done for a while. 8-)

by Elvis
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

And should anyone chose to ignore another poster, click on their avatar and then click on "Add foe" underneath their avatar. That's our version of ignore...

by AltiTude Ram
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2178  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:Rams move...

It is the Rams move but the NFL might make the move for them.

Not guilty in the court of law doesn't erase personal conduct rules by the league.

I expect a league suspension is coming regardless of the Rams retaining Rath or not.

by aeneas1
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

is a civil suit on the horizon? assuming it is, what's league policy in terms of allowing him to work while a civil sexual battery complaint is ongoing? moreover, assuming the league and the rams look favorably at the not guilty verdict in the criminal case, would a guilty verdict in a civil case erase that?

by Neil039
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Good question @aeneas1 , preponderance of evidence is all that is needed in most states for a civil case. I’d bet hundreds of players go through them yearly due to their profile and financial means.

Other posters have stated something still feels off about this case, agree. Never a good look for anyone or organization to have this hanging over their head. Not sure if California is an at will employment state. May be best the cut ties with him and allow everyone to move on.

by LARams_1963
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1191  
United States of America   North Port, FL
Pro Bowl

I don't think you have a choice. He was acquitted, he should retain his job, whether we like it or not. Set's a bad precedent if they don't keep him. What would be next? All someone has to do is cry wolf (not saying this is the case here) and you lose your job? I would hate to lose my job over someone fabricating a claim against me. While we don't know the complete truth to this case we do know they found him not guilty.

• 8 / 14
133 posts Apr 16 2024