84 posts
  • 1 / 9
 by AvengerRam
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I just saw that Mark Ingram received a 3 year, $15M contract from the Ravens.

Latavius Murray received a 4 year, $14M contract from the Saints.

Seems to me that this is about the range where C.J. Anderson would likely fall.

I was thinking someone like him would command more and, as a result, was thinking we'd say so long to him. Now that I see the market, I'm reconsidering a bit.

Perhaps he is affordable.

If he'd take a 3 year, $12M deal ($4M per year), would you sign him?

I might.

by Indrid Cold
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   863  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

Since they tendered Brown, seems a like a moot point.

IMO, people fell too hard for Anderson, including someone named McVay. Guy offers nothing as a pass catcher, etc.

by Elvis
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38457  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

We got Brown, Davis and Kelly so i'm not sure CJ is in our plans.

But like you said, RBs are often pretty cheap as the Ingram contract shows and i'd expect CJ to be worth less than Ingram...

by AvengerRam
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Indrid Cold wrote:Since they tendered Brown, seems a like a moot point.

Perhaps, but not necessarily. They have only committed to a one year, $2M deal with him (and he could conceivably receive a better offer that the Rams would choose not to match).

IMO, people fell too hard for Anderson, including someone named McVay. Guy offers nothing as a pass catcher, etc.

I think his biggest value would be to help keep Gurley fresh for the postseason.

by snackdaddy
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Picking up CJ was good news/bad news. He definitely provided a boost to our run attack. But he played well enough to command a deal probably more than we can afford. Its probably not financially prudent to pay him and Brown both as backups. Unless Gurley's issues are worse than we think. In that case we couldn't afford not to bring him back.

by majik
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1201  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

Someone needs to share carries with Gurley during the regular season so he is healthy for the playoffs.

CJ is the best for that role. You could give him 3 years $12M guarantee most of it and be OK for this year cap wise.

by BobCarl
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Indrid Cold wrote:Guy offers nothing as a pass catcher, etc.
And nothing as a blocker. I wish we had a place on the roster for him to be our 4th and inches guy when the opposition puts eleven-in-the-box.

I love watching him carry the ball though.

Anderson is AWESOME when it comes to doing interviews and talking on camera ... he has a certain future with a major sports network.

by actionjack
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Dick84 wrote:I see Brown getting more reps and Kelly as well. I don’t see them spending to keep C.J.

I like Brown a lot, but we arent sure he is durable after this past season. I thought it was teling when Snead was asked about backup running backs. He mentioned Brown, than talked draft, nothing on Kelly. I dont think the Rams are high on him and neither am I. If we can get CJ for around 3 million I would do it in a heartbeat.

• 1 / 9
84 posts Apr 19 2024