16 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by dieterbrock
2 months ago
 Total posts:   9891  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I don’t disagree with what you are saying Av, but I do wonder, do rookie edge rushers typically have immediate success in the nfl?

by AvengerRam
2 months ago
 Total posts:   2307  
Israel   Longwood, FL
RFU Fantasy Football Champ

dieterbrock wrote:I don’t disagree with what you are saying Av, but I do wonder, do rookie edge rushers typically have immediate success in the nfl?

More seem to hit their stride in years 2 and 3, but there are some who make an impact as rookies.

by PARAM
2 months ago
 Total posts:   3482  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:More seem to hit their stride in years 2 and 3.......

Let's hope that holds true for Oronkwo and Ebukam.

by snackdaddy
2 months ago
 Total posts:   4728  
United States of America   Merced California
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:I keep coming back to the notion that the Rams will focus their attention in the draft on obtaining a pass rusher, first and foremost. That could mean an edge rusher or, alternatively, a pass-rushing DE (though I think they have a promising one in JFM).

When you look at the impact of sacks, they can really cover up defensive mistakes. How often do we see a team start a drive at the 25, get a couple of first downs, and then have the drive derailed by one big negative play? The good news is that there are enough pass rushers in this draft to have hope that a good one will fall to #31.

Finding a good pass rusher opposite Fowler would really give opposing offenses nightmares when you also have Donald inside. So yeah, I would agree we a pass rusher should be a priority in the draft. Especially if Fowler only stays for one year. But I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for a rookie to be that guy. It usually takes a year or two for those guys to start taking off.

by Rams the Legends live on
2 months ago
 Total posts:   1318  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

That is a good question. I have been down on my Rams for so may years in the past that I have to admit anymore I just have a can't wait to see what they do next compared to my previous oh good heavens what have they done now. Personally I see a need more on defense but will trust where they spend the majority. Good question however and gets the ole brain pan in motion.

• 2 / 2
16 posts May 22 2019