40 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by Elvis
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

phoenixrising wrote:Are there any TE's that would be too good to pass up at 31?

Bama's Irv Smith has been mocked to us at 31...

by PARAM
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:We gotta go BPA!
Amirite @AvengerRam
@PARAM
@Dick84
@moklerman ???

Hahaha

I think they need to find a CB (if not 2). Talib is in the last year of his deal as is Peters. We're going to replace one, if not both of them after 2019 IMHO. So you're going to want a replacement in place to learn and develop so he's ready to go when he's needed.

I also think they need to find LB help, either ILB or OLB/EDGE.
And as always, OL help. Definitely want to grab a couple more of those guys.
So if we can grab the BPA who plays one of those positions when our turns come up, I'm fine with it!

by /zn/
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:I think they need to find a CB (if not 2). Talib is in the last year of his deal as is Peters. We're going to replace one, if not both of them after 2019 IMHO. So you're going to want a replacement in place to learn and develop so he's ready to go when he's needed.

I also think they need to find LB help, either ILB or OLB/EDGE.
And as always, OL help. Definitely want to grab a couple more of those guys.
So if we can grab the BPA who plays one of those positions when our turns come up, I'm fine with it!

That would make it a "need" draft. (Which is fine with me.) Drafting to fill needs. They go, here are our needs, now who's there at our pick, which of the positions we're talking about has the highest ranked fit? Or they can also figure, this position drops off in later rounds and this position is deeper in later rounds, so let's take the guy who is from the thinner position even though a guy from another position of need is ranked a bit higher. Etc.

The term "BPA" is generally used to mean take the best player regardless of position. They ain't gonna do that. Calling a guy BPA at a position of need, when need is dictating the choice, is kind of an oxymoron. It's like saying when I fast, I eat only salads. Well, no...if you're eating you're not fasting.

So at 31 most likely they will take the highest ranked fit among the position s that fill a need.

Which is why I expect them to draft either a receiver or a quarterback. Maybe a punter. Or a 3-tech DT.

by PARAM
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:That would make it a "need" draft. (Which is fine with me.) Drafting to fill needs. They go, here are our needs, now who's there at our pick, which of the positions we're talking about has the highest ranked fit? Or they can also figure, this position drops off in later rounds and this position is deeper in later rounds, so let's take the guy who is from the thinner position even though a guy from another position of need is ranked a bit higher. Etc.

The term "BPA" is generally used to mean take the best player regardless of position. They ain't gonna do that. Calling a guy BPA at a position of need, when need is dictating the choice, is kind of an oxymoron. It's like saying when I fast, I eat only salads. Well, no...if you're eating you're not fasting.

Thanks. I didn't know all that.

by /zn/
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Thanks. I didn't know all that.

That's okay. You gave me a chance to point it all out. That's what matters the most. I even included humor. Something else I recommend. 8-)

• 2 / 4
40 posts Apr 18 2024