Malcolm Brown
Troy Hill
Blake Countess

The tender amounts for RFA are:

First round: $4.4M
Second round: $3.1M
Original round: $2.0M

How would you tender each?

The only one I'm certain I'd wish to tender is Littleton, and I'd only do a 2nd round tender. If someone is willing to give us a Round 2 pick for him, I'm good with that.

by snackdaddy
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

So if Brown was undrafted how do you tender him at his original round? Does that mean no compensation if someone else signs him? I'd tender Littleton at the second round and everyone else at the original round drafted. But I don't know how it works for undrafted players.

by AvengerRam
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:So if Brown was undrafted how do you tender him at his original round? Does that mean no compensation if someone else signs him? I'd tender Littleton at the second round and everyone else at the original round drafted. But I don't know how it works for undrafted players.

I'm not sure how that works. With a guy like Brown, I'd be more inclined to try to reach an affordable 2-3 year deal (assuming we're not going to pay C.J. Anderson).

by snackdaddy
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:I'm not sure how that works. With a guy like Brown, I'd be more inclined to try to reach an affordable 2-3 year deal (assuming we're not going to pay C.J. Anderson).

Yeah, I know they like him. He's a powerful downhill runner who's familiar with the system. If he didn't get hurt he woulda been the one starting instead of CJ. I gotta think if that happened we'd be gushing over him like we did CJ. As well as CJ did the blocking was terrific in those games.

by dieterbrock
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:So if Brown was undrafted how do you tender him at his original round? Does that mean no compensation if someone else signs him? I'd tender Littleton at the second round and everyone else at the original round drafted. But I don't know how it works for undrafted players.

I think with any of the RFA, the Rams have the option to match any offer sheet the player receives. If they decide not to, they get the pick associated.
So in Brown's case, if they go with the lowest tender, they retain the right to match whatever deal he would get, or let him go with no compensation

by AvengerRam
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:I think with any of the RFA, the Rams have the option to match any offer sheet the player receives. If they decide not to, they get the pick associated.
So in Brown's case, if they go with the lowest tender, they retain the right to match whatever deal he would get, or let him go with no compensation

That sounds right. Thanks.

by 69RamFan
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   3172  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

If we could get CJ at around 2mil/yr...

Then I would tender a second with Littleton at 3mil, and Hill at 2mil

and not tender Brown, but bring him back at a lower rate if he doesn't sign with another club...

by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Good and adept Salary Cap management there AvengerRam! 8-) Well done!

Anybody got Tony Pastoors' number? I wanna call him and tell him that there's a new Capolagist, er, SalaryCapernick.....Salary Cap Manager! in town :idea2:
...and that Tony's days are numbered!!! ;) :arrow2: :lol2:

by actionjack
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

I really hope we can get sign CJ to a deal. It seems like his cost might be going down by now, will see.

• 1 / 2
13 posts Apr 19 2024