36 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by /zn/
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:According to OverTheCap, before the Fowler and Weddle deals, the Rams had about $35.6M in cap space, so you can start the math there.

I suspect that, if the Rams are indeed planning to keep Brockers, that they may try to restructure him to create a bit more space.

I doubt they restructure Brockers.

Every year we fans argue that someone should give back money, and in reality it rarely if ever happens.

MB had an off year in 2018. But he was fine in 2017.

by dieterbrock
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Michael Brockers 2.2 mill roster bonus will vest on Friday 3/15
So this week shall be interesting on that front.
On Fowler, it’s cheaper than the franchise tag, which they can now use next year on him if needed.

by AvengerRam
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:I doubt they restructure Brockers.

Every year we fans argue that someone should give back money, and in reality it rarely if ever happens.

MB had an off year in 2018. But he was fine in 2017.

Restructuring does not necessarily mean giving money back. It could involve spreading out the cost of his contract differently to create cap space in the short run. The Rams may not want to do that with Goff's contract looming in the future, but its at least on the list of possibilities.

I will go on record as saying that I'm pulling for Brockers' return. While he did not fare well with his role change for much of last year, I think he has the potential to improve and I like his veteran leadership. Plus, its nice to still have a guy from the RGIII trade!

by snackdaddy
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I'm on the fence with Brockers. I would love to see him back but at a reduced cost. I like the idea of Fowler's contract having incentives. If he plays well its worth the money.

by /zn/
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Vincent Bonsignore@VinnyBonsignore

FYI on Dante Fowler/#Rams contract: The deal is worth as much as $14 million, depending on incentives earned. Think of it this way: If he has a great year, he will have earned back the fifth-year number the #Jaguars didn't pick up on his rookie deal

by Elvis
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I'm kind of surprised by the one year deal, though it seems to be in vogue.

For Fowler, this might be the most valuable he's ever gonna be and yet he settles for a 1 year deal. He's taking a gamble that he'll be just as, if not more valuable in a year. What if he gets hurt or doesn't produce?

And for the Rams, if Fowler has a great season he's probably gone unless we tag him...

by R4L
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

Meh. I would have rather had Hughes. All this tells me is they have the same guys back that couldn't rush rush the QB last season.

by phoenixrising
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

I don't know how many of you are aware that Fowler had two sacks of Brady the year before in the playoffs for Jacksonville. So two straight years he's shown up big in the playoffs. And for a pass rusher, he plays the run really well. I still have reservations, but a one year deal mitigates the risk. And if he outplays the contract, the franchise tag is there. Well played by the Rams.

• 3 / 4
36 posts Apr 19 2024