50 posts
  • 5 / 5
 by TomSlick
2 months ago
 Total posts:   1957  
Italy   FIAT-Feeble Italian Attempt at Transportation/Fix It Again, Tony/Fix It Again Tomorrow? No, Bite me
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:So I was diving about 3/4 of a mile off the coast of Grand Bahama island last week.
Water was 80* and clear as a bell. While I was chasing a nurse shark it noticed what looked like a large jellyfish cruising below me. So I broke off the shark and went down to get a closer look. Much to my dismay, the jellyfish turned out to be a freakin' Mylar NE Patriots balloon that had filled up with water.
I couldn't believe it. What are the odds a Rams fan could be 100 miles out in the Atlantic, 3/4 miles off shore and come across a Patriots balloon 20 feet deep ? AAUGH..
bananadead.gif I dragged it up and sacrificed it to the trash can on my boat where everything Patriots belongs. .

Well, leave it to the Patriots to mess with what is good in the world.

Hey, that sounds like a cool vacay. Were you spearin' for food or just enjoying the sights?

by TomSlick
2 months ago
 Total posts:   1957  
Italy   FIAT-Feeble Italian Attempt at Transportation/Fix It Again, Tony/Fix It Again Tomorrow? No, Bite me
Pro Bowl

ramsman34 wrote:Never leave a nurse shark bro, they are a blast to "play" with. Very curious they are.

In our area, Monterey, harbor seals are the puppy dogs of the sea. They will tug on your flippers, rub their face on your leg (ladies, please take note) and just hang with you. On night dives they stay close and wait for your flashlight beam to find a fish. They then hang upside down about 12 inches above the fish and then jet their neck down and chomp it...flailing their body every which way after contact is made.

If God is a fish, I'm screwed.

by dieterbrock
2 months ago
 Total posts:   9891  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Much to my dismay, the jellyfish turned out to be a freakin' Mylar NE Patriots balloon that had filled up with water.

Deflated of course.
Could have taken it to Orchids of Asia to get it "blown up"

by Hacksaw
2 months ago
 Total posts:   14999  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

TomSlick wrote:Well, leave it to the Patriots to mess with what is good in the world.

Hey, that sounds like a cool vacay. Were you spearin' for food or just enjoying the sights?

Food was flowing at the resort so I was just immersing myself in their habitat. You could see for miles underwater and at 82*, you never needed to get out.
Amazing spot, , , with the exception of the balloon.

by Hacksaw
2 months ago
 Total posts:   14999  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

We just keep doing smart shiz..

• 5 / 5
50 posts May 22 2019