42 posts
  • 4 / 5
 by Elvis
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Pretty big win for Brown, forces his way out of Pittsburgh, has some say in where he goes and gets a substantially better contract.

I think it's a good deal for the Raiders too...

by dieterbrock
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Pretty big win for Brown, forces his way out of Pittsburgh, has some say in where he goes and gets a substantially better contract.

I think it's a good deal for the Raiders too...

Can’t say I agree with how Brown handled things but at some point you got to wonder what goes on in Pittsburgh that 2 of the best players they have had in the last 10 years left the club in such negative fashion

by Hacksaw
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Silver & Black Brown.

by moklerman
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Can't find the quote but Larry Fitzgerald said something to the effect of Brown may not realize how good he's had it with a QB like Ben.

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Can’t say I agree with how Brown handled things but at some point you got to wonder what goes on in Pittsburgh that 2 of the best players they have had in the last 10 years left the club in such negative fashion

A “good team discount” only works if you’re winning championships now: not in the past.

by AvengerRam
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

It occurs to me that if Rapoport has the same problem in the bedroom that he has when it comes to breaking stories, his wife must be a frustrated woman.

by dieterbrock
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:A “good team discount” only works if you’re winning championships now: not in the past.

And what does that have to do with the Steelers who were paying both players top dollar?

by rams74
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1471  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Bill Barnwell wrote an interesting article on this whole situation:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2618 ... aiders-won

Particularly interesting is his analysis of the Steelers' cap management. Several times in recent history the Steelers have restructured contracts to give themselves short-term cap space. The result has been disaffected star players, two of which have now forced their way out of Pittsburgh. The Brown trade costs them $21M in dead money cap charges, also as a result of this. That has to be a bitter pill to swallow, on top of getting fleeced in the trade. They had no leverage whatsoever.

by Hacksaw
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

So do the Steelers back out? I could see it.

That's a lot of talent leaving their team and the comp for Brown doest seen enough..

• 4 / 5
42 posts Apr 18 2024