234 posts
  • 16 / 24
 by Hacksaw
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Let's see what happens. If there's more going on than meets the eye, we'll find out. It doesn't add up other than he's fine and he'll be running through defenses near you this fall...

by dieterbrock
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Demoff also declines to answer the arthritis question:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/losangele ... d=26266509

What exactly did he say? I listened for about 10 minutes and Gurley hasn’t even come up yet

by Elvis
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38449  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

dieterbrock wrote:What exactly did he say? I listened for about 10 minutes and Gurley hasn’t even come up yet

It was pretty close to the beginning of the interview.

He was directly asked about arthritis and gave a generic answer about wear and tear, want to get Gurley ready for next season, he was clocked as the fastest player on the field, very similar to what Snead and McVay have been saying.

Demoff put our salary cap at 9.1 million (or was it 9.3), said we can still make some moves in the 2nd tier of FA, talked about the new stadium, season tickets for 2019, seems to me there was one other thing i though was newsworthy but can't remember what it was...

by Neil039
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

As fans watching players hammer themselves each game, we get a first hand view of the fragility of our human body. I’d rather see Gurly walk when he is 40 verse limping to give the Rams a few more seasons. Albeit a hard pill to swallow every man deserves to walk away from the game. If his knee is deteriorating to a point he’s risking permanent damage I have no issues with him doing what’s best for his health. Missing games, a season or walking away, whatever is best.

by dieterbrock
5 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:It was pretty close to the beginning of the interview.

He was directly asked about arthritis and gave a generic answer about wear and tear, want to get Gurley ready for next season, he was clocked as the fastest player on the field, very similar to what Snead and McVay have been saying.

Demoff put our salary cap at 9.1 million (or was it 9.3), said we can still make some moves in the 2nd tier of FA, talked about the new stadium, season tickets for 2019, seems to me there was one other thing i though was newsworthy but can't remember what it was...

Oh, ok. I heard that part. I don't see where its evasive in any way. They consistently say the same thing. He has wear and tear at the end of a season.
Im not sure what people want to hear?

by AvengerRam
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Im not sure what people want to hear?

Something like... it was all a bad dream, the Super Bowl is really this Sunday.

by Elvis
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38449  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

dieterbrock wrote:Oh, ok. I heard that part. I don't see where its evasive in any way. They consistently say the same thing. He has wear and tear at the end of a season.
Im not sure what people want to hear?

When directly asked if the report of Gurley's arthritis is accurate, i'd like to hear an answer, or at least an acknowledgement of the question.

Demoff, Snead and McVay have all been asked directly, they've all failed to answer. That's their prerogative and it doesn't mean something sinister is going on but i'm not gonna pretend not to notice...

by dieterbrock
5 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:When directly asked if the report of Gurley's arthritis is accurate, i'd like to hear an answer, or at least an acknowledgement of the question.

Demoff, Snead and McVay have all been asked directly, they've all failed to answer. That's their prerogative and it doesn't mean something sinister is going on but i'm not gonna pretend not to notice...

Well, to me that question is likened to "so when did you stop beating your wife"
There is no good answer
So their answer doesn't come off in any way evasive to me.

by AvengerRam
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Does Todd Gurley have arthritis?

OPTION 1: ANSWER "YES"
Probably honest, as most players post ACL repair develop some degree of arthritis. Problem is that this response creates a negative sound bite that would likely haunt the team throughout the offseason, and possibly beyond. It could also subject the team to additional scrutiny due to Gurley's exclusion from the Super Bowl injury report.

OPTION 2: ANSWER "NO"
Perhaps honest, as Gurley may not have a specific diagnosis of arthritis from a treating physician. Problem is that, one day he might, which would make the team look dishonest.

OPTION 3: AVOID THE QUESTION
Some fans may not like this, but it allows the Rams to address it specifically at a later time as necessary.

Which do you choose?

• 16 / 24
234 posts Apr 18 2024