69 posts
  • 2 / 7
 by moklerman
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Trading Woods would be akin to blowing things up and I don't think that's reasonable for a 2nd place team. If I were the Rams I would do everything I could to keep as much of the team together as possible. All they really have to do is approach how they use their players with a little more flexibility. Not get rid of key pieces.

by Kid Charlamagne
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   533  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Adding Kupp seems better than subtracting Woods and adding a rookie. Expecting any rookie to go over 1000 yds seems unrealistic but that what you’d need to replace Woods, and will Kupp be his old self after knee surgery? It’ll probably take time. So we’re talking about Cooks, Reynolds, surgically repaired Kupp and a rookie.
Nothin wrong with trying to improve but this looks like making problems where they don’t exist, if you want to replace someone how bout Reynolds. We don’t have the draft capital to spend on a wr high in the draft anyway but if there’s another 3rd rounder like Kupp out there, maybe.

by LARams_1963
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1191  
United States of America   North Port, FL
Pro Bowl

Trade Robert Woods???? You would have to be out of your fucking mind....Pardon my fucking French....

by /zn/
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:In 2017, when Woods was hurt, the Rams scored just fine.
26, 32 and 35.

I have no problem with people exploring different ideas on things. You won't get trashed by me just cause you take the admittedly unorthodox view that Woods should be traded. There's bound to be some disagreement on that but obviously civil disagreement over lots of different views is part of good Rams talk.

Having said that, IMO--yes they scored in 2017 without Woods but that was also WITH Kupp.

Kupp is coming off a knee and there are no guarantees with that.

Personally I don't want a situation where it's just Cooks and Reynolds.

Cooks + Woods + Kupp is optimal. But if Kupp isn't himself or gets hurt again, then they are far better off with Cooks + Woods than they are without Woods.

by snackdaddy
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Think about this. The Rams are built to win now. Even if someone gave a 2nd round pick for Woods would a rookie, even a first rounder, give the Rams what Woods is giving now? I don't see it. I know the defense played better in the playoffs, but the offense is what will carry the team in the regular season. You have all these weapons. You want to keep it going.

by dieterbrock
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:You bring up good points, for sure. I'm not sure what I'd call Reynolds. Average seems fair, but that's not bad for your 3rd WR.

Also... this ain't something I'm even close to pounding the table for. I'm kinda just exploring different ways to move forward and build a roster. I think standing pat is usually not a great idea.
Part of this concept was hopefully getting Isabella, or a guy like that.

It’s a fun topic.
Out of the box thinking for sure.
Personally, I would only consider trading Woods if someone was willing to over pay due to his production (top 10-15) compared to his salary (mid 30’s)

by PAC12
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   64  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Dick84 wrote:No, not a troll post or any kind of criticism of Woods.
Kupp is coming back and Reynolds is decent. I’d also try for Andy Isabella in the 4th.

You get cap relief and, I would think, a second round pick.

This is from my “what would Belichick do” thought process.

I love Woods... but being unemotional, I think the Rams can move forward on O without him.

NO please! Woods is great. Trade Brandin Cooks. From mid season on his play was not very good. He missed too many perfectly thrown balls in the playoffs and the Super Bowl. There is a reason the Pats and Saints traded him.

by Flash
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1205  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

PAC12 wrote:NO please! Woods is great. Trade Brandin Cooks. From mid season on his play was not very good. He missed too many perfectly thrown balls in the playoffs and the Super Bowl. There is a reason the Pats and Saints traded him.

I wouldn't trade any of our wide receivers.

by rams74
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

It might be reasonable, I guess, to some, I guess, to occasionally ask "what would Belichick do?" in certain situations, I guess. But to adopt that as an institutional philosophy is a bad idea.

I don't care what Belichick would do. We're not the Patriots. Thank goodness!

Build our own dynasty. What would Snead/McVay do? That's all I want to know.

Keep Robert Woods. There are other, better ways to get more cap relief.

by Ramsdude
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

rams74 wrote:It might be reasonable, I guess, to some, I guess, to occasionally ask "what would Belichick do?" in certain situations, I guess. But to adopt that as an institutional philosophy is a bad idea.

I don't care what Belichick would do. We're not the Patriots. Thank goodness!

Build our own dynasty. What would Snead/McVay do? That's all I want to know.

Keep Robert Woods. There are other, better ways to get more cap relief.

Exactly!! F the Cheatriots!! Don't want to be the "next" Belicheat...we want to be the FIRST McVay!

• 2 / 7
69 posts Apr 16 2024