139 posts
  • 12 / 14
 by AvengerRam
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:I'm grieving it's over. Now there's a chance that Squidward will get on my TV more often.

There's always Dancing with the Stars, Big Brother and Celebrity American Ninja Warrior.

by Hacksaw
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

AvengerRam wrote:There's always Dancing with the Stars, Big Brother and Celebrity American Ninja Warrior.

I'll just watch Wipeout.

by dieterbrock
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:dbzn.jpg

I know we like to make jokes and all, but IMO, that just crosses the line.
There is busting and then there is downright degradation.
I think you need to apologize....

.....to the Dog

by /zn/
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

It is not far fetched at all to assume that if Kaepernick is not willing to take a backup role and/or play for lesser money in addition to the divisive reaction his signing would bring to a team that all 31 other teams would individually shy away.

Oh, and.

Where and when was it ever shown that he was not willing to take a back-up role?

And again. The suit was not about not being signed. Yes all 32 teams can decide that individually. There's no rule against that. There would be no grounds for a lawsuit.

The suit was about collusion. All you need for that is the league and one team communicating that the NFL prefers CK not be signed. Something that could be revealed in, for example, an email. The league moved to dismiss that suit on the basis of it being groundless--and lost. The arbitrator said they had enough material evidence to make a case. The NFL then settled rather than go ahead with it, presumably because they did not want any details coming out.

by /zn/
5 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:dbzn.jpg

Lol.

I will say, you do that kinda stuff better than you follow arguments.

by dieterbrock
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:Lol.

I will say, you do that kinda stuff better than you follow arguments.

You think you’re arguing?
That is funny.
Poster after poster is showing how ignorant you are, and you think you’re actually arguing?
That is funny all right.

by /zn/
5 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

LARams_1963 wrote:And Colon is donating all the settlement $$ to the oppressed and under privileged right?

He does donate yes. So the talk radio "social activist must be smeared as a hypocrite" mantra doesn't get the kind of traction it likes.

But then his claim is that he is due that money because the league broke collusion rules to keep him from playing. It's the money he claims he would have gotten if he were able to sign in the NFL.

by AvengerRam
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Here is a link to CK’s complaint and demand for arbitration:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4110371-Colin-Kaepernick-Grievance.html

If anyone, after reading this, still believes that this case was not an effort by Kaepernick to challenge the NFL/teams’ efforts to suppress his “social justice activism,” and to do so publicly (note how CK’s lawyer specifically requested a waiver of confidentiality) I strongly recommend a remedial reading course.

by BobCarl
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:Here is a link to CK’s complaint and demand for arbitration:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4110371-Colin-Kaepernick-Grievance.html

If anyone, after reading this, still believes that this case was not an effort by Kaepernick to challenge the NFL/teams’ efforts to suppress his “social justice activism,” and to do so publicly (note how CK’s lawyer specifically requested a waiver of confidentiality) I strongly recommend a remedial reading course.

@AvengerRam ... did you drop the mike?

• 12 / 14
139 posts Apr 19 2024