139 posts
  • 9 / 14
 by Elvis
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38463  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Mark Geragos is a blow hard who goes on TV a lot. I wouldn't take anything he says as fact. Not saying it isn't true, just that Geragos saying it doesn't settle anything...

by /zn/
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Mark Geragos is a blow hard who goes on TV a lot. I wouldn't take anything he says as fact. Not saying it isn't true, just that Geragos saying it doesn't settle anything...

IF Florio is right, it would, though, put this lawyer in a position where he was openly lying about whether CK could even sign with a team.

So to me it doesn't matter if he's right about chances with those specific teams.

What matters is that IF there IS a speculation clause, this lawyer is going far over the line by acting like there isn't one.

The most likely scenario IMO is that there really is no interest in CK, the lawyer is just pumping that up, BUT there is also no separation clause--cause if there were he would be way way over the line by acting like there wasn't one.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2079  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Krapernick becoming a "patriot" would certainly be ironic.

by AvengerRam
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I think he settled for $12.99, a Starbucks gift card and a free gender reassignment procedure so he can finally achieve his dream of joining a professional roller derby team.

See... anyone can speculate.

by R4L
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:I think he settled for $12.99, a Starbucks gift card and a free gender reassignment procedure so he can finally achieve his dream of joining a professional roller derby team.

See... anyone can speculate.

:lol2: That's what i heard too

by AvengerRam
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:And if he had gone forward and won....all he would have gotten was that same money

:lol2: That may be the most idiotic thing I’ve ever read here.

by dieterbrock
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

“We aren’t colluding to keep you from ever playing in the NFL again. That’s silly. But how about we discuss a sum of money that we can give you under the understanding that you will never play in the NFL ever again”
-Florio’s asinine assumption

by /zn/
5 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote::lol2: That may be the most idiotic thing I’ve ever read here.

What more would he have gotten than money? Monsieur le no argument.

That was the entire point of the suit.

Name something he would have gained beyond money, if he had won.

Certainly not any kind of "social justice" gains since a millionaire jock getting more millions is not actually a social justice issue.

I can explain why if you need that. 8-)

by /zn/
5 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:So, Kaepernick opted out of his 49ers contract, turned down the Broncos and turned down the AAF. But he's still the top story and he's still getting paid.

I guess racism is over?

So many errors there.

1. Denver's interest in CK was before the kneeling and there was no interest from Denver after the kneeling.

2. The suit was never about racism and not only WASN'T about racism, there is no earthly way it COULD be about racism. You're confusing the kneeling and the suit. The kneeling was protest, as we know. The suit was simply a claim to get lost revenue because, CK's side argued, that revenue was lost by the NFL violating its own collusion rule. It was always only that. The political talk radio stuff about "yeah some activist ha ha" is just confused. CK never made the suit about social justice, at least in part because it would not be possible TO do that, even in the very unlikely event he DID want to do that.

3. On the AAF, so you're arguing that (a) he turned down money, and (b) he just wanted money? He never wanted to play qb? Unless it was for money? And SO therefore kneeling in protest during an anthem is not honest protest? Cause if you are arguing that...it's a little pretzeled up and confused.

by moklerman
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:So many errors there.

1. Denver's interest in CK was before the kneeling and there was no interest from Denver after the kneeling.

2. The suit was never about racism and not only WASN'T about racism, there is no earthly way it COULD be about racism. You're confusing the kneeling and the suit. The kneeling was protest, as we know. The suit was simply a claim to get lost revenue because, CK's side argued, that revenue was lost by the NFL violating its own collusion rule. It was always only that. The political talk radio stuff about "yeah some activist ha ha" is just confused. CK never made the suit about social justice, at least in part because it would not be possible TO do that, even in the very unlikely event he DID want to do that.

3. On the AAF, so you're arguing that (a) he turned down money, and (b) he just wanted money? He never wanted to play qb? Unless it was for money? And SO therefore kneeling in protest during an anthem is not honest protest? Cause if you are arguing that...it's a little pretzeled up and confused.
Don't be too literal ZN. It was a ridiculous post to mirror the ridiculous situation.

As far as Kaepernick, I've never felt that he was sincere. His kneeling was a way to re-focus attention toward himself and nothing has changed throughout IMO. He has black guilt and is dying to have street cred because he had a good childhood and was raised by loving, supportive, adoptive white parents. He can grow his hair out, get tatted up and raise his fist all he wants but I'll never believe that he's doing it for any other reason than to benefit himself. To wit, he has parlayed his manufactured street cred into millions all while never having to truly deal with what black people often have to deal with.

IMO, he's a white devil in black skin.

• 9 / 14
139 posts Apr 19 2024