139 posts
  • 5 / 14
 by BobCarl
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:Given that Kaepernick started all of this to make a public point about social justice issues, his decision to take some money and go away quietly seems, well... shall I say contrary to the image he has been trying to cultivate..

My thinking exactly.

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

I wonder if anybody at the MLB offices saw the news of this, looked at a picture of Bryce Harper and then decided tonight was a good night to drink heavily?

by BobCarl
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:. I'm sure some other attention-seeking pseudo-activist will soon take his place.

pseudo-activist = whore

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2079  
Pro Bowl

Slick: I am told that there are ways to deal with annoying neighbors.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2079  
Pro Bowl

Avenger: How are you fixed on lawyer jokes?

My best lawyer joke is an LBJ quote: "A town that is too small to afford one lawyer can always afford two."

by dieterbrock
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:I wonder if anybody at the MLB offices saw the news of this, looked at a picture of Bryce Harper and then decided tonight was a good night to drink heavily?

Why? Bryce Harper has been offered contracts

by AvengerRam
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:Avenger: How are you fixed on lawyer jokes?

I’ve known too many lawyers to be offended by lawyer jokes. 8-)

by /zn/
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

I wonder about the confusion showing up with this. The suit had nothing to do with social activism. He never said it did, and it doesn't even make sense to claim it did. The suit was directly about reclaiming money he lost because, he argues, the league colluded to prevent him from signing with anyone. That's hard to prove but then the way those rules work, all you need is one team colluding with the league office, and that qualifies.

I mean if he had persisted and won the suit what "social justice" gain would there have been? None. He would have shown the league had violated its own "no collusion" rule and he would have gotten the money he said he was denied.

I think the confusion comes from people who want to discredit him because they don't like his political statement with the anthem. So they act like the suit was somehow about "social justice" (even though that makes no sense) and therefore that settling means he sold out.

Unh unh. The suit was about money the whole time. Recovering the money he claims he lost. It never had anything to do with anything else. Same thing if he went ahead with it and won. Though if he went ahead with it and won, he would have also gotten the added-on punitive damages, so it would have been even more money.

by /zn/
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Dr Boyce Watkins@drboycewatkins1
I’m not sure why we call @SteveHarveyFM a sellout for trading integrity for money, while @Kaepernick7 just took a payoff from the NFL to remain silent. Aren’t they pretty much doing the same thing?

Marc Lamont Hill@marclamonthill
Kaepernick took legal action against the league and was compensated for his lost wages. He hasn’t remained silent on issues of integrity. He hasn’t sold out.

by TomSlick
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:Slick: I am told that there are ways to deal with annoying neighbors.

Claim they are zombies and skull them with a shovel?

• 5 / 14
139 posts Apr 19 2024