5 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by sloramfan
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

A1... you're the best but i gotta call you out on this one...

the houston oilers had a really good running back sometimes referred to as the tyler rose of texas, but bum phiillips had a slightly different take when he talked about earl campbell...

back in those days we saw an awful lot of OJ's highlights, and when asked how he would compare earl and oj, bums response was oj's a great running back no doubt about it,and earl may not have all his moves, but let me put it this way, he don't dance fancy, but by golly he'll dance every dance...

im not sure of the exact quote, but i remember vivdly after 2 straight AFC championship losses to pittsburgh (and by the way, defeating the vaunted SD chargers led by HOF fouts to get to their 2cd afc championship)
bum phillips said..

2 years ago we knocked on the door..
last year we beat on the door..
next year we're kicking that damn door down...

go rams

slo

by Hacksaw
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

sloramfan wrote:im not sure of the exact quote, but i remember vivdly after 2 straight AFC championship losses to pittsburgh (and by the way, defeating the vaunted SD chargers led by HOF fouts to get to their 2cd afc championship)

bum phillips said..

2 years ago we knocked on the door..
last year we beat on the door..
next year we're kicking that damn door down...

go rams

slo

I think A-1 got it right. Only the Rams reference is about winning the Superbowl, not just getting in it !!
#sonofbum was purposely quoting his pop.

by sloramfan
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

ahhh...ok

i stand corrected.. i haven't seen the son of bum quote/vid yet...

i just so remember bums quote, because still to this day, when i think of bum, with his 10 gallon hat, and cowboy boot gameday attire, just kickin' that doorin to get to the SB... it still brings a smile to my face...

gotta love the original.. who don't?

go rams

slo

by Hacksaw
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

sloramfan wrote:ahhh...ok

i stand corrected.. i haven't seen the son of bum quote/vid yet...

i just so remember bums quote, because still to this day, when i think of bum, with his 10 gallon hat, and cowboy boot gameday attire, just kickin' that doorin to get to the SB... it still brings a smile to my face...

gotta love the original.. who don't?

go rams

slo

deaths121213-033.jpg

CAa2qpWJu-eaIUTf.jpeg

by Stranger
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

I loved Bum and those 70's Oilers. That MNF game against the Dolphins was one of the greatest spectacles in sports ever. Must watch if you have never seen.

• 1 / 1
5 posts Apr 20 2024