1281 posts
  • 17 / 129
 by moklerman
5 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:According to NFL.com, 29 of the top 101 free agents are still available. Ironically there are two running backs (CJ and Yeldon). There are 8 edge rushers, 3 cornerbacks, 2 safeties, 3 WRs, 5 DL/DT, 2 linebackers, a TE, a kicker, a guard and Sam Bradford. There are some interesting options still available.
I've wondered what the Rams might do at RB. As much as I was impressed with Anderson and hope that he stays with the Rams, I think the Rams might be taking the approach that any seasoned vet is going to do well just because of the offense so they aren't going to be over-spending to get a RB.

Bradford is a FA but at this point, I don't think he's "available". His knee must be shot considering how he hobbled around for the Vikings in '17 and after basically a year off, was still hobbled for the Cardinals. Most won't care but it's sad to me that his career was so injury-riddled and ultimately cut short.

by azramsfan93
5 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

rams74 wrote:Another former ASU target for the Cardinals!

He did play at ASU, but he was born and grew up in Los Angeles.

by ramsman34
5 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

His attitude, personality, and win-costing antics might be even too much for the Rams "culture" to handle. Dude just seems like an abject knuckledick. But, he can certainly play.

by PARAM
5 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Dude just seems like an abject knuckledick. But, he can certainly play.

First you separate the guys who can get by from the guys who can play (in the NFL).
Then you separate the guys who can play from the guys who excel.
Then you separate the guys who can excel from the knuckleheads who let all the unnecessary shit take away from their game. That's Burfect. It was also Incognito.

by ramsman34
5 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

PARAM wrote:First you separate the guys who can get by from the guys who can play (in the NFL).
Then you separate the guys who can play from the guys who excel.
Then you separate the guys who can excel from the knuckleheads who let all the unnecessary shit take away from their game. That's Burfect. It was also Incognito.

Perfectly stated.

RE: your thoughts on RB, if Brown leaves, TJ Yeldon, or Ajayi if his health checks out. Gives Kelley another year to show if he has any real future - I think he does.

by PARAM
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Perfectly stated.

RE: your thoughts on RB, if Brown leaves, TJ Yeldon, or Ajayi if his health checks out. Gives Kelley another year to show if he has any real future - I think he does.

I'll take Yeldon over Ajaji. I think he'll be cheaper and he's a much better receiver.

by snackdaddy
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Ajayi's too injury prone for my taste. He's missed a lot of games the past 3 seasons. More than half. Yeldon's the better option. I don't know much about him, but he's had 50 catches or more twice in his 4 year career. That tells me he's used a lot in the passing game. Which would indicate he's experienced in picking up blitzers and helping with protection. If they don't bring back CJ and lose Brown they need someone like Yeldon. Gurley's work load has to be reduced.

by JackPMiller
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Wade Philips is the kind of Coach to tone him down a bit, and I feel Burfet won't be expensive either, since teams will be afraid to sign him.

by rams74
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Flash wrote:He's visiting the Raiders today.

That's the spot for Burfict!

I hope the Rams stay far, far away from that head case.

• 17 / 129
1281 posts Apr 16 2024