Elvis wrote:

Unless he develops "arthritis."

by Elvis
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38463  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

AvengerRam wrote:Unless he develops "arthritis."

I asked Vinny in his chat if he considered Jeff Howe's Gurley report to be accurate. Vinny did not give a direct answer:

Hi Vinny! Couple questions:

Are you expecting Gurley on the field for Mini-camp?

Do you consider Jeff Howe's report of Gurley having arthritis to be accurate?

There's a conventional wisdom that the CBA doesn't allow for enough contact/pads/coaching yet coaches like Sean McVay are giving players mini-camp days off, favoring scrimmage over preseason football. Is that conventional wisdom bunk?

Vincent Bonsignore
Jun 10, 7:08pm
@Steve D. I'd be surprised if Todd was on the field in minicamp. I do believe there is some sort of condition that Todd is dealing with in the left knee, something that needs to be managed. And that certainly sounds like it could be some level or arthritis. But the hope is they have a plan to manage it to help get him through the season. I certainly think what McVay has done has changed the way coaches approach preseason games. There is much more of a: why should I exose my key players to the maximum level of injury risk in games that are meaningless?

by AvengerRam
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I was just tweaking Howe there.

I've always found the "arthritis" thing to be a bit misunderstood. Its a broad term that might apply, but does not really tell us all that much.

by aeneas1
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:

talk's cheap, if the saints truly valued him he would have been re-upped by now.

by aeneas1
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:

yeah, if not for that stafford would have most likely made the pro bowl as he's done the last few seasons, oh wait... honestly, stafford is one of the most overrated qbs imo, he reminds me of what bradford might have accomplished if he had remained healthy, in stafford's 12 years with the lions he's managed top 10 in offensive scoring twice, while averaging 17th for the 12-year stretch, and that's with throwing to megatron for 7 years, yeah i said it.

• 31 / 129
1281 posts Apr 20 2024