1281 posts
  • 21 / 129
 by Hacksaw
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Why are the smaller pieces when they leave the Rams ? So much Cowgirl love.

by RedAlice
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

The Greg Schiano era in Foxborough didn't last long.

Schiano announced on Thursday afternoon that he was stepping down from his role on the New England Patriots' coaching staff.

"I have informed Mr. Kraft and Coach Belichick that I am stepping down from my position at the Patriots," the de facto defensive coordinator said in a statement released by the team. "This is not the result of any one event, but rather a realization that I need to spend more time on my faith and family. I don't want to look back years from now and wish I had done things differently. Therefore, I am taking time away from the game to recalibrate my priorities."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... hing-staff

by Hacksaw
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

RedAlice wrote:The Greg Schiano era in Foxborough didn't last long.

Schiano announced on Thursday afternoon that he was stepping down from his role on the New England Patriots' coaching staff.

"I have informed Mr. Kraft and Coach Belichick that I am stepping down from my position at the Patriots," the de facto defensive coordinator said in a statement released by the team. "This is not the result of any one event, but rather a realization that I need to spend more time on my faith and family. I don't want to look back years from now and wish I had done things differently. Therefore, I am taking time away from the game to recalibrate my priorities."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... hing-staff

This usually means he got a DUI or was caught in bed with someone other than his wife.
It is possible to maintain a career and maintain your faith. Unless he wants to be a man of the cloth of course.

May he find what he is looking for...

by JackPMiller
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

I just heard the Miami Dolphins traded him to the Dallas Cowboys for a 2020 6th rounder

by snackdaddy
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Is Quinn still under the last contract with the Rams? If so I imagine that's why he only garnered a 6th if thats true. He's nowhere near the pass rusher he was 5 or 6 years ago.

by moklerman
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Tells you what the league thinks of RB's when Howard only gets you a 6th in return. Eagles in desperate need of a RB and they get a good starter for essentially nothing. What were the Bears thinking? I get that they must feel he is gone once his contract runs out but why just give him away instead of getting one more year out of him? Love Cohen but I don't think he's better on his own compared to a tandem with Howard.

Robert Quinn to Dallas will be interesting. Quinn isn't the beast that he was (when healthy) with the Rams but played all 16 games for the Dolphins and wasn't exactly surrounded by an elite squad.

by dieterbrock
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Welp.

2nd time you’ve posted this now. Nice to know I have a fan

by dieterbrock
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Just wrapping up the conversation.

It was wrapped up the last time you posted it.
I was way wrong

by PARAM
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:This usually means he got a DUI or was caught in bed with someone other than his wife.
It is possible to maintain a career and maintain your faith. Unless he wants to be a man of the cloth of course.

May he find what he is looking for...

This is very true.

It's also possible with 4 kids, he's got a daughter or two and they don't want him to work for a creep.

or

Here’s what The Boston Globe’s Ben Volin wrote about it:
“Maybe there is more to it, but from everything I know about the coach, the decision really was about family. A league source has said that Schiano doesn’t want to move his family until his daughter, a high school sophomore in Columbus, Ohio, graduates. Schiano basically had an open invitation to join Bill Belichick’s staff for several years, and only took it now because he was let go from Ohio State in January.
“Even though Schiano agreed to join the Patriots and was at the Combine last month, my hunch is he discovered pretty quickly that being a long-distance father wasn’t going to work. And it’s better for Schiano to acknowledge this now, five months before the Patriots’ first snap of the season, than to realize it in August.”

FWIW, Kraft apologized to the fanbase on March 23rd and Schiano was gone by the 28th.

LINK

• 21 / 129
1281 posts Apr 16 2024