4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

$30M is a good reason to HULU !

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Good, , I consider him to be one of their biggest threats.

Doubt it will happen but still, just stay out of SF or SEA. Chargers?

by moklerman
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

What a weird year for QB's. In addition to however many college guys getting a chance, there is a virtual glut of QB's available. Brady, Brees, Hill, Bridgewater, Winston, Smith, Stafford, Rivers, Dalton, Mariota...not to mention guys like Rosen or even Kaepernick. I wonder if this will affect the leverage and huge contracts that QB's have been commanding?

I mean, if you're Dallas is there such a significant dropoff from Prescott to some of the guys who would be happy to take a much smaller paycheck for a starting job? Same thing with Tampa Bay. Winston is supposedly asking for $30M+ a year? I'm sorry but that money could be spent to build a team and get by with a Tannehill type acquisition.

by PARAM
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12247  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Perhaps a legit reason NFL owners proposed a seperate cap for QBs. After all, 1 guy demanding 30 mil or more a year, particularly if he has you over a barrel, limits what you can spend on the rest of the roster. And though the parameters of such a seperate cap have yet to be explained, is it all that different from the seperate QB rules already in place? Can't hit them below the thighs. Can't touch their helmet with so much as a couple of fingers. Can't land on them with all your weight.....like those defenders needed to major in physics and study levitation in college! Can't take more than 2 steps after the ball is released before hitting them. Imagine how effective guys like Roman Gabriel might have been or how much longer they could have played with those "special rules"?

• 70 / 129
1281 posts Apr 25 2024