1281 posts
  • 67 / 129
 by Hacksaw
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Unless of course a certain team is a good QB away from putting it all together, Brady is best staying where he is/was. Something is going on behind the scenes if he is really clearing out of there.

by moklerman
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Brady empties his suite at Gillette...Rivers moves out of San Diego...sure is looking like TB to LA.

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago

moklerman wrote:Brady empties his suite at Gillette...Rivers moves out of San Diego...sure is looking like TB to LA.

You know, this really sticks in my craw (what ever a craw is). LA finally get's the Rams back only to have to split the market share growth with SD. The "Fight For LA".

And if that's not bad enough, they get to share the stadium the Rams owners is building while undercutting our PSL pricing and taking credit where they can as to their contributions building it. As I understand it, they haven't even reached the tiny amount they agreed to chip in. And they still get their $1. rent per game deal.

But the 'straw' will be if SD rolls out with Tom Brady under center next season. Obviously this will be good for ticket sales and TV revenue so the NFL will support it, but how many new LA football fans and how much media buzz will Brady attract away from the Rams going into our inaugural season? Not to mention Brady being the douche that beat us in our last 2 SB's, it's almost an insult.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

No state income tax is attractive when you have a dozen kids and counting.

by dieterbrock
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:

No state income tax is attractive when you have a dozen kids and counting.

Love these shot in the dark guesses.
Carson Palmer was 34 when he went to Arizona, and was washed up by age 38. Rivers is a tired 38 already and Tampa isn't a player away

by Elvis
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38463  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Hacksaw wrote:You know, this really sticks in my craw (what ever a craw is). LA finally get's the Rams back only to have to split the market share growth with SD. The "Fight For LA".

And if that's not bad enough, they get to share the stadium the Rams owners is building while undercutting our PSL pricing and taking credit where they can as to their contributions building it. As I understand it, they haven't even reached the tiny amount they agreed to chip in. And they still get their $1. rent per game deal.

But the 'straw' will be if SD rolls out with Tom Brady under center next season. Obviously this will be good for ticket sales and TV revenue so the NFL will support it, but how many new LA football fans and how much media buzz will Brady attract away from the Rams going into our inaugural season? Not to mention Brady being the douche that beat us in our last 2 SB's, it's almost an insult.

I get what you're saying but as long as the Chargers are in L.A. and playing in Sofi, i want L.A. and SoFi to be a success. It's good for the Rams that way, i think.

Brady with the Chargers would be more spectacle than winning i'd imagine, i'd actually be cool with it...

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago

Elvis wrote:I get what you're saying but as long as the Chargers are in L.A. and playing in Sofi, i want L.A. and SoFi to be a success. It's good for the Rams that way, i think.

Brady with the Chargers would be more spectacle than winning i'd imagine, i'd actually be cool with it...

Yeah, I'm not sure what TB would look like w/o BB and McD's O. Could be a train wreck.
More than SoFi, I want the Rams to be a success and I can't see the Chargers helping that cause. Could be that their success will cement them here (if they already aren't). Lack of success could force them back to SD or elsewhere.
Sorry, I'm such a homer for the Rams and Lakers that these SD teams horning in just rubs me the wrong way.

by dieterbrock
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure what TB would look like w/o BB and McD's O. Could be a train wreck.
More than SoFi, I want the Rams to be a success and I can't see the Chargers helping that cause. Could be that their success will cement them here (if they already aren't). Lack of success could force them back to SD or elsewhere.
Sorry, I'm such a homer for the Rams and Lakers that these SD teams horning in just rubs me the wrong way.

I think TB playing in Sofi would be great.
Especially if he sucked.
Imagine all the opposing team fans who can come to LA, get tickets for cheap, watch their team play (and win) and mercilessly jeer TB12...

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago

dieterbrock wrote:I think TB playing in Sofi would be great.
Especially if he sucked.
Imagine all the opposing team fans who can come to LA, get tickets for cheap, watch their team play (and win) and mercilessly jeer TB12...

That would be an acceptable consolation prize if it were to happen.
Not so sure that's the optical effect the league is after tho..

• 67 / 129
1281 posts Apr 20 2024