5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Fisher's a league exec of some kind:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ll-change/

Jeff Fisher: Mike Vick’s role with the AAF will change

Posted by Mike Florio on February 10, 2019, 9:44 AM EST

Former NFL quarterback Mike Vick is also the former offensive coordinator of the Atlanta Legends of the Alliance of American Football. But he still has an affiliation with the AAF.

“[H]is role is going to change,” AAF director of football strategy Jeff Fisher said Saturday, via ESPN.com. “You can appreciate the difficulty from a place he was put into [after the sudden resignation of Atlanta coach Brad Childress]. His role is going to change and we spoke to Mike over the past couple days and he’s going to move over and assume a league role along with Hines Ward in player development. That’s the best place for him.”

It probably was the best place for Vick from the get go. Vick has admitted to having poor work habits during his playing career, relying on God-given ability over grinding it out in the film room. Given the non-stop grind that good coaching requires, Vick would seemingly have a difficult time making that transition.

Fisher still hasn’t ruled out an eventual coaching role for Vick.

“Mike and I both agreed in a conversation last night that let’s just take a deep breath and let’s kind of embrace the league, embrace the experience and we’ll see where the coaching opportunities are down the road,” Fisher said.

It’s not a good sign that Vick didn’t embrace the league on its opening night, passing on personally attending either of the two debut games. At some point, the upstart league — which surely relishes having recognizable names associated with it — will need to ask the hard question of whether Vick is truly committed to the new venture.

by Elvis
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... bs-opener/

AAF draws 2.9 million viewers for CBS opener

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 10, 2019, 11:29 AM EST

The Alliance of American Football drew what should be considered a fairly successful audience for its first game.

Via Sports TV Ratings, the first AAF game, which aired on CBS on Saturday night, ‏averaged 2.913 million viewers between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. Eastern. That’s a far cry from what any NFL game draws, but by the standards of most network television programming on a Saturday night, it was solid.

By way of comparison, the NBA game on ABC drew 2.524 million viewers during that same 9-11 time slot.

For another comparison, last Saturday night on CBS was the NFL Honors awards show, which drew 3.42 million viewers.

The big question facing the AAF, of course, is whether fans were curious to tune in as a one-time thing and will now tune the league out, or whether it can grow that fan base. For the rest of the regular season, the AAF will be on TNT, NFL Newtork, CBS Sports Network or the streaming B/R Live service, and it’s fair to assume that none of those outlets will ever get 2.9 million viewers for an AAF game.

But if the AAF can top 3 million for its championship game, which airs on CBS in April, that would be a strong indication that the fans are there. And that the AAF will make it to 2020, and maybe beyond.

by RedAlice
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

For the rest of the regular season, the AAF will be on TNT, NFL Newtork, CBS Sports Network or the streaming B/R Live service, and it’s fair to assume that none of those outlets will ever get 2.9 million viewers for an AAF game.

—-

Making it hard to watch certainly isn’t going to help.

I streamed it on my CBS All Access, which I have no idea if includes CBS Sports Network. If not, I’m not heading to a bar to watch the game like I would for the Rams.

by RedAlice
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:There's a free AAF app which let's you watch all the games...

Downloaded it. Thank you!

• 4 / 23
223 posts Apr 19 2024