23 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by dieterbrock
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Belichick keeping his eye on McVay...

I think McVay is blocking the view of his girlfriend so BB is trying to see around him but the sumbitch won’t stop moving!

by Elvis
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

The one time i went to Rams training camp in Maccomb, i noticed Martz stood behind the QB most of the time. I assumed it was because Martz wanted to see what the QB was seeing and then talk about it, "what did you see, why did you do what you did based on what you saw, etc..."

During games, McVay likes to stand behind the opponents defense when we have the ball. I figure he's reading the defense, giving Goff information from an angle Goff doesn't have.

Lastly, i figure Belichick wants to know where McVay is so he knows what McVay's looking and from what angle since no doubt BB is trying to fool McVay and Goff.

Of course i'm not sure what the game situation is here so there's that...

by moklerman
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

As with most Patriots success, I attribute but can't prove that they are stealing signals. Ultimately, I would imagine that most teams in the league know this so to me, they should be preparing/guarding against it. It's hard for me to understand why teams would broadcast their signals like that if they're going to call a play in the huddle? Why give an opponent an opportunity to steal your signs?

The call that ruined the whole game for me was the defenseless receiver call early in the game. That was a perfect form tackle and should not have been called and pretty much told me that the Rams were not going to have a good day. Their defense was really putting it to New England and from that call on, the Rams, perhaps coincidentally, weren't quite the same IMO.

by snackdaddy
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:As with most Patriots success, I attribute but can't prove that they are stealing signals. Ultimately, I would imagine that most teams in the league know this so to me, they should be preparing/guarding against it. It's hard for me to understand why teams would broadcast their signals like that if they're going to call a play in the huddle? Why give an opponent an opportunity to steal your signs?

The call that ruined the whole game for me was the defenseless receiver call early in the game. That was a perfect form tackle and should not have been called and pretty much told me that the Rams were not going to have a good day. Their defense was really putting it to New England and from that call on, the Rams, perhaps coincidentally, weren't quite the same IMO.

Being that the call was on NRC, I gotta wonder if it wasn't to appease people after the New Orleans no call.

by ramsman34
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I'm sorry, I DGAF if they stole signals. The fact remains - had Goff had time on the first Cooks post, we score. Had he thrown with less arch, more anticipation and drove the ball on the second - even though McCourty KNEW he had to get over the top, we score. We win that game, like usual, if a couple plays are made.

Total waste of a tremendous defensive performance.

Oh well.

Better learn, adapt, and overcome.

by Hacksaw
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

ramsman34 wrote:I'm sorry,
Total waste of a tremendous defensive performance.

I 2nd that. We had them.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2077  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Didn't help that the cheatriots had a home field advantage. I think that bb had some sort of read on McVay as well. They seemed to know exactly what we were doing on offense the entire game. Coaches cover their mouths when calling plays to cross up lip-readers. The Rams need some serious self-scouting of their side-lines the entire game. Simple correction would be to wear nets over your head on the side line. All our coaches including Bones.

• 2 / 3
23 posts Apr 16 2024