25 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by safer
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

My bad!!!! I forgot Williams had to hit the road! :)

by Elvis
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38463  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

safer wrote:My bad!!!! I forgot Williams had to hit the road! :)

Then again GW is in NY now and the Jets have a ton of cap space...

by SWAdude
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Barron is a hybrid player.

ILB, CB, FS, you name it. He can play the position.

When healthy, he is dynamic. Many of us loved him in the 4-3. The transition to 3-4 has not been easy.

I know I am in the minority but I like him. He is really good when used properly and healthy.

I hope they find a way to keep him.

Our D jelled in the playoffs.

As much as our D was much of our conversation this year, their performance in the SB hopes we don't screw with them very much.

Joiner can go. And thats about it for me.

by phoenixrising
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

aeneas1 wrote:i think i read/heard that mannion is all but gone

Don't toy with me.

by phoenixrising
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

Dick84 wrote:I was in the "Barron's gone" camp... until the playoffs. I don't know if it was a matter of getting healthy, or what... but the guy was balling in the playoffs. There's no other LB on the roster with his ability to go sideline to sideline and that's not easy or cheap to find on the market.
Brockers? To me.. he's a JAG at this point. You need a vet who's good on first down to replace him, imo, and give most of rest of snaps to JFM.

Barron did play better later in the year, but he's still a liablility in coverage and that should be his strength. He struggles with both TE's and RB's. He used to have really elite athleticism and I just don't see it anymore. I would be shocked if he's on the team next year.

Brockers? He WAS a JAG this year. But why? He was outstanding last year. I think a lot of times guys are playing through injuries we never hear about. It's a head-scratcher. I could see either him or Suh leaving to make room for the other. I really think 3-4 DE is Franklin-Myers natural position.

• 3 / 3
25 posts Apr 20 2024