92 posts
  • 7 / 10
 by Snow Man
7 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   232  
Zimbabwe   At the computer
Rookie

Good stuff, very entertaining. Seriously.

by moklerman
7 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

haroldjackson29 wrote:i'm pretty sure all Ive done is give a viewpoint without making it personal or offensive towards another.
I hope thats understood.
Coming onto an LA Rams message board and calling Fred Dryer a phony is what you've done. Good luck with that.

by dieterbrock
7 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:
haroldjackson29 wrote:i'm pretty sure all Ive done is give a viewpoint without making it personal or offensive towards another.
I hope thats understood.
Coming onto an LA Rams message board and calling Fred Dryer a phony is what you've done. Good luck with that.

Lol

And in his mind Fred Dryer is merely:
"what he was/is, was a a actor/radio guy getting/looking for publicity."

Forget the 103 career sacks, multiple all pro seasons etc...

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   10564  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

[quote="moklerman"So, you're agreeing with me?[/quote]

Both. The Cowboys have maintained their general colors and theme while constantly tweaking things for for merchandise sales.

by moklerman
7 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:
Both. The Cowboys have maintained their general colors and theme while constantly tweaking things for for merchandise sales.
I doubt very much if the minor tweaks to the shade of blue/silver on their uniforms has affected sales much in the past 45 years. Other than modernizing the material, their uniforms are the same as they've been throughout the Super Bowl era. They haven't "changed" at all. Which is the point.

by Rams the Legends live on
7 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

moklerman wrote:
St. Loser Fan wrote:
I doubt very much if the minor tweaks to the shade of blue/silver on their uniforms has affected sales much in the past 45 years. Other than modernizing the material, their uniforms are the same as they've been throughout the Super Bowl era. They haven't "changed" at all. Which is the point.

I would think it would drive it some as far as how much I have no clue without some set kind of market and sales testing or data. However minor tweaks is gonna bring the avid merchandise collector to buy one. For the fact it is different. I remember when I was a teen I used to collect comic books, to help their sales they would sometimes release the same story and content but however do 2 different covers. Being I was a collector I always bought both covers even though I was buying the same content. So from my own experience I could see sales being driven by tweaks, the avid collector will wanna own it because he does not own it.

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

Rams the Legends live on wrote:I would think it would drive it some as far as how much I have no clue without some set kind of market and sales testing or data. However minor tweaks is gonna bring the avid merchandise collector to buy one. For the fact it is different. I remember when I was a teen I used to collect comic books, to help their sales they would sometimes release the same story and content but however do 2 different covers. Being I was a collector I always bought both covers even though I was buying the same content. So from my own experience I could see sales being driven by tweaks, the avid collector will wanna own it because he does not own it.

I'm just worried this is the Rams future.

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I doubt very much if the minor tweaks to the shade of blue/silver on their uniforms has affected sales much in the past 45 years. Other than modernizing the material, their uniforms are the same as they've been throughout the Super Bowl era. They haven't "changed" at all. Which is the point.

The changes have driven the Cowboys' sales and their #1 position. All I'm saying those is I wouldn't group them with stalwarts like the Steelers, Packers and Bears.

by haroldjackson29
7 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   842  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

dieterbrock wrote:
moklerman wrote:
I hope thats understood.

Lol

And in his mind Fred Dryer is merely:
"what he was/is, was a a actor/radio guy getting/looking for publicity."

Forget the 103 career sacks, multiple all pro seasons etc...

so you are saying those sacks make him an important person and make his silly sports opinions matter to the greater good of mankind?
I'm just being a realist about the news and entertainment industry.

his 103 sacks? He's just a jock from yesteryear. Hardly anyone remembers him because life goes on and the Rams moving back to LA luckily gave him some juice to feed off of.

Coming onto an LA Rams message board and calling Fred Dryer a phony is what you've done. Good luck with that

where did I call him a phony? He's doing what he's told like all people in news and entertainment.

you feel the need to talk about an ex Ram on a Rams site like they are an important person.
I understand them to be just men who played sports and entertained me and now are too old to.

by haroldjackson29
7 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   842  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

moklerman wrote:
St. Loser Fan wrote:

their blue jerseys did get darker,i'm pretty sure

• 7 / 10
92 posts May 31 2024