39 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by snackdaddy
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9694  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Yeah, '22 was just one of those years where whatever could go wrong did go wrong. Its hard to put blame for that. But '19 probably coulda been handled better. I think they weren't ready for the injuries. Learning lesson. Build depth. Cross train some linemen to play more than one position. I always thought when one guy goes down its best to use the backup who can play that spot rather than move one of the other guys because the first backup doesn't play that position well.

by actionjack
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4053  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:I think the injuries in '22 went way past inevitable. Last year's line was not particularly deep, can only imagine what would've happened if they'd been hit the way the '22 line was.

Or what would've happened if '22 had '23's level of injuries?

In any case, definitely need more lineman for '24...

That is why I think signing Dotson is say better than 50/50 as long as the numbers dont get crazy. I think the Rams will get additional cap relief with some restructures. Def need to add via the draft and maybe bargain FA too.

by 69RamFan
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3219  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

PARAM wrote:In Thomas' defense isn't he out of place at T? No matter. Things either change or stay the same. Six good lineman? They could have that with AJ, Hav, Avila, Shelfon, Noteboom and a high round rookie. Seems like UNLESS they sign all 3 FAs, they better go OL with their 1st pick.....whefher that's at #19, higher or lower.

I can't remember what game Thomas played inside, but he got pushed around there too.

Yes that would work if the RAMs could get lucky and get another big guard in the second rd, like JPJ, who could play C or G. IMO.

As for a 1st rd pick, I feel the RAMs will use that pick in a traded for a vet edge or CB.

I don't think the RAMs FO wants to sign a FA besides their own FA,

until they pass the 2024 comp pick deadline, so they don't lose a comp pick.

by Elvis
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38827  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

The Rams have a pretty good history of finding interior Oline on the cheap, Corbett, Shelton, Dotson, do they really want to start paying top dollar? I guess we'll see...

by 69RamFan
2 months 3 weeks ago
Superstar

Elvis wrote:The Rams have a pretty good history of finding interior Oline on the cheap, Corbett, Shelton, Dotson, do they really want to start paying top dollar? I guess we'll see...

The problem with getting IOL on the cheap,

I could see it with the type of blocking schemes they use in the past,

Zone blocking.

Well now, we're using more of the power blocking scheme,

you need more of a skilled type of power blocker,

those are much harder to find in the cheap.

by /zn/
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6793  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Nothin we didn't know but still...

from Rodrigue, in NFL Scouting Combine: One thing we learned about all 32 teams in Indy: https://theathletic.com/5311636/2024/03 ... rId=603890

Los Angeles Rams

Is continuity on the offensive line the Rams’ priority entering free agency? The front office — spearheaded by comments from GM Les Snead on Wednesday — is conveying that message, saying they are in constant communication with representation for starting center Coleman Shelton, who voided the final year of his deal and will be a free agent, and starting right guard Kevin Dotson. Both players are expected to at least hit the legal tampering period portion of free agency, and if the Rams can’t get something done with either or both players, their draft needs along the offensive line become more urgent. However, scouts and analysts in Indianapolis have raved about the strength of this offensive line class, particularly at center and tackle. Either way, expect the Rams to invest here. — Jourdan Rodrigue

by PARAM
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12298  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:However, scouts and analysts in Indianapolis have raved about the strength of this offensive line class, particularly at center and tackle. Either way, expect the Rams to invest here.

Heavily. As they should.

by 69RamFan
3 weeks 6 days ago
Superstar

Looks like Noteboom has been working out,

he looks chiseled.

Logan Bruss, seems like he hasn't been in the weight room,

Looks like a PS player at best.
Attachments
OL.png

by ramsman34
3 weeks 6 days ago
 Total posts:   8654  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Went back to the beginning and then through this thread. Bay, have things changed for the better. Excellent starting 5, great comp in camp for the backup/swing positions, and on the highest ceiling players on the PS. There will be some quality OL cut from this team.

by ramsman34
3 weeks 6 days ago
 Total posts:   8654  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

69RamFan wrote:Looks like Noteboom has been working out,

he looks chiseled.

Logan Bruss, seems like he hasn't been in the weight room,

Looks like a PS player at best.

Boom does look more shredded. Bruss looks better to me. Not the doughboy has looked like in the past. Either way, make or break camp/preseason for him. He needs to be heads and shoulders better than everyone who isn’t a starter and has to push Boom if they are gonna keep him.

• 3 / 4
39 posts May 31 2024