55 posts
  • 4 / 6
 by snackdaddy
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   9690  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Verse played almost exclusively on the defensive right side at Fla State. I don’t know if that was always the strong side. I can see Shula flipping Verse and Young and getting Verse on the weak side from time to time. Less predictable and I think he and Young can handle both sides. But, we will see. I don’t think White sees the field for at least the first few games. Might be a platoon at that outside corner until Tre gets back.

Its also where the left tackle plays. Usually the best pass protector on the team. Verse will have his work cut out if he's exclusively on the right side. A guy with a relentless motor I can see him getting coverage sacks. Fiske too.

by 69RamFan
2 weeks 18 minutes ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:Verse played almost exclusively on the defensive right side at Fla State. I don’t know if that was always the strong side. I can see Shula flipping Verse and Young and getting Verse on the weak side from time to time. Less predictable and I think he and Young can handle both sides. But, we will see. I don’t think White sees the field for at least the first few games. Might be a platoon at that outside corner until Tre gets back.

Well this is a good sign, White is out on the field in his Jersey,

If he was still in rehab, according to NFL/CBA, he couldn't be on the field.
Attachments
Tre White 27--.png
Tre White 27.png

by snackdaddy
1 week 6 days ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Actually i thought you were talking about Tomlinson who's a walking PI/personal foul machine but now i realize (i think) you meant Kendrick.

Despite being small, holding out hope Tomlinson is gonna be a player for the Rams...

He' got some talent. Reminds me of Robey-Coleman a bit. If he can just play under better control I think he'd be a keeper.

by Elvis
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   38766  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

snackdaddy wrote:He' got some talent. Reminds me of Robey-Coleman a bit. If he can just play under better control I think he'd be a keeper.

Seems like he tries to make up for his size by being extra physical. If he can just figure out where the line is in the NFL, i think he'll be pretty good.

by ramsman34
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

69RamFan wrote:Well this is a good sign, White is out on the field in his Jersey,

If he was still in rehab, according to NFL/CBA, he couldn't be on the field.

That is a good sign. 🤞

by snackdaddy
1 week 3 days ago
Hall of Fame

I'm not really expecting a top 5 defense. I know how good Verse and Fiske can be. But when it comes to rookies you never know how long it takes. If they can be middle of the pack I think they can win 11 or 12 games. I do expect the offense to be pretty good.

by PARAM
1 week 3 days ago
 Total posts:   12294  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I'm not really expecting a top 5 defense. I know how good Verse and Fiske can be. But when it comes to rookies you never know how long it takes. If they can be middle of the pack I think they can win 11 or 12 games. I do expect the offense to be pretty good.

We can't 'expect' any more. But we didn't expect as much as we got last year. We can (and do) expect much from the offense. It's gonna be fun to watch. 4 months to go.....let's begin the countdown!

by rams74
1 week 3 days ago
 Total posts:   1492  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

PARAM wrote:We can't 'expect' any more. But we didn't expect as much as we got last year. We can (and do) expect much from the offense. It's gonna be fun to watch. 4 months to go.....let's begin the countdown!

I wasn't expecting a #1 defense the year we had Staley, either.

So, what to expect this season? Great things!

by Zen_Ronin
1 week 1 day ago
 Total posts:   2051  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

2024 NFL offseason: Biggest remaining roster holes for all 32 teams (per ESPN.com)

Los Angeles Rams
Roster hole: Inside linebacker

The problem here is not the main inside linebacker, Ernest Jones IV, but rather the second inside linebacker who plays in base defense as well as 2-4-5 nickel looks. Christian Rozeboom filled this position in 2023 and is penciled in again for 2024, but his average run tackle came after a gain of 4.3 yards last year, which ranked 60th among linebackers. He's not great in pass coverage and was targeted often when on the field. Rozeboom is backed up by veterans Troy Reeder and Jacob Hummel.

Thoughts?

and maybe this is a dumb question, but could this be a spot you could plug Hoecht into? Because he sure as shit didn't work on the outside.

by ramsman34
1 week 1 day ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Watch Omar Speights, UDFA. There is a serious drop off in talent after E Jones. Wonder if there are any FAs they could add??

• 4 / 6
55 posts May 18 2024