487 posts
  • 47 / 49
 by 69RamFan
2 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Does anyone have the clip of Eisen when the Rams picked Corum? It was great...

by actionjack
2 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   4039  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

I still think it would be a longshot for AD, BUT a late run with the team especially if it looks like there missing something upfront, 10-20% chance maybe

by ramsman34
2 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I think he is good with his decision. But he said he wouldn’t know how he’s gonna feel once the season starts. Rams gotta give the young guys time to develop to see what they have anyway. So late in the season is a long shot maybe???

by ramman2999
2 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   572  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

The fact that Braden Fiske and Jarred Verse are gonna be on the same team and develop together is huge.

I see Aaron Donald qualities in Fiske speed rush bull rush versatile he can play run and rush. That was AD at Pitt. Same body.

When fiske gets around the NFL hes gonna be tip top shape.

And Verse this was the steal of the draft an elite pass rusher that this team hasnt had is going to be huge.

You add that with Kolbie Turner Fiske will be getting one on ones this will be great.

And look at our offense with Nacua. Im picking us to win the super bowl.

by Elvis
2 weeks 12 hours ago
 Total posts:   38766  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

We already knew this but you can't go by publicly known visits:

https://theathletic.com/5468042/2024/05 ... he-scenes/

The Rams do not typically conduct official “30 visits,” where teams are allowed to host up to 30 prospects at their facilities each spring, except for extreme cases when they feel they need more medical information. Those sessions must be reported to the league and, therefore, frequently leak in the media.

Sugarman’s visits do not as long as they are in person and within a 50-mile radius of the player’s school or hometown. Snead doesn’t want other teams to know who the Rams are paying closer attention to, and he and Sugarman believe in approaching prospects in their own world, where they may be more comfortable and more themselves.

by actionjack
2 weeks 6 hours ago
 Total posts:   4039  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:We already knew this but you can't go by publicly known visits:

https://theathletic.com/5468042/2024/05 ... he-scenes/

Great great inside look of the Rams draft, wait to AI plays a bigger role...

by Elvis
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   38766  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

This pic is a little small to read but here's a compilation of draft grades for the draft. Rams came in 10th:

https://ftnfantasy.com/nfl/2024-nfl-dra ... ard-report

by ramsman34
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I’d love to see a correlation between a year’s draft grade and where that team finished in the standings. Then extrapolate that our over the next 3 seasons. I wonder how many teams that got “A” grades made the playoffs in the next 2-3 seasons. I wonder how many teams that got 2-3 A graded drafts in a row are now perennial contenders???

by PARAM
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   12294  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

These guys have had 3 good drafts in a row. 2022 gets skewed a bit because of the Bruss injury (plus how good 2023 was and how good 2024 looks). Durant, Lake, Kyren, Kendricks and Yeast have all shown up.

by /zn/
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   6788  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:These guys have had 3 good drafts in a row. 2022 gets skewed a bit because of the Bruss injury (plus how good 2023 was and how good 2024 looks). Durant, Lake, Kyren, Kendricks and Yeast have all shown up.

But of those I would only count Lake and Kyren as positive top hits.
Durant and Kendricks, for different reasons, have not been as consistently productive.
Yeast has promise but has not broken through yet to "positive top hit" level. I'm not being critical, they've actually done fairly well.

Looking back on the 21-23 drafts, I see 9 positive top hits (blue), some guys who for whatever reason are not consistently productive yet (red). And black = either bust or we just don't know.

2 57 Tutu Atwell WR Louisville ACC
3 103 Ernest Jones LB South Carolina SEC
4 117 Bobby Brown III DT Texas A&M SEC

4 130 Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas
4 141 Jacob Harris WR UCF The American
5 174 Earnest Brown IV DE Northwestern Big Ten
7 233 Jake Funk RB Maryland Big Ten
7 249 Ben Skowronek WR Notre Dame Ind. (FBS)
7 252 Chris Garrett LB Concordia–St. Paul NSIC

3 104 Logan Bruss OG Wisconsin Big Ten
4 142 Cobie Durant CB South Carolina State MEAC

5 164 Kyren Williams † RB Notre Dame Ind. (FBS)
6 211 Quentin Lake S UCLA Pac-12

6 212 Derion Kendrick CB Georgia SEC
7 235 Daniel Hardy DE Montana State Big Sky
7 253 Russ Yeast S Kansas State Big 12
7 261 A. J. Arcuri OT Michigan State Big Ten

2 36 Steve Avila OG TCU Big 12
3 77 Byron Young DE Tennessee SEC
3 89 Kobie Turner DT Wake Forest ACC

4 128 Stetson Bennett QB Georgia SEC
5 161 Nick Hampton LB Appalachian State Sun
5 174 Warren McClendon OT Georgia SEC
5 175 Davis Allen TE Clemson ACC

5 177 Puka Nacua † WR BYU Ind. (FBS)
6 182 Tre Tomlinson CB TCU Big 12
6 189 Ochaun Mathis DE Nebraska Big Ten

6 215 Zach Evans RB Ole Miss SEC
7 223 Ethan Evans P Wingate SAC
7 234 Jason Taylor II S Oklahoma State Big 12
7 259 Desjuan Johnson DE Toledo MAC

No one can say they're drafting badly when, without a first round pick the whole time, in those 3 drafts they came up with Jones, Williams, Avila, Turner, and Nacua. Brown, Blake, and Young are all very solid too (though I thought Young faded last season toward the end). Ethan Evans is solid too.

There could be a couple of more "blue picks" from 2023.

But I have to say that at this point, it sure looks like 2024 is on a whole new level of good. And they were pretty good from 21-23, so 24 being even better would be (and I am predicting is) quite an achievement.

• 47 / 49
487 posts May 17 2024