24 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by ramsman34
2 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

actionjack wrote:McVay did have the comment in one of the draft pressors i paraphrase, being forced to use rookies/younger players got him more willing to play young guys in the future versus leaning on experience as much". Will see

That’s the point I was also making above. I believe he gets pass pro and blitz pick up. Just hasn’t done it much or at all at the pro level. I would expect to see K Will/B Scott in there on gotta have it/known passing downs this season. Once MCV really trusts Corum, he’ll get more of those reps.

by snackdaddy
2 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   9690  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Okay but that's what i'm saying. Darrell Henderson was a 3rd round pick (and they traded up to get him) and he had 39 carries his rookie year.

I just don't think it's the lock everyone else does.

Yeah, rookie RB's don't get much playing time. At least early on. Akers became the starter later in the season. I wouldn't count too much on Corum in September/October.

Scott seems like a similar type runner to Kyren, Corem and Rivers. From what I remember watching Philly games he was short and quick hitting the line and usually made positive gains. I'm guessing McVay has a certain type of back he wants for his offense.

by actionjack
2 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   4039  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

I also think this is a nod to kick-off return, with the new rules you need a guy. Boston can do that effectively.

by snackdaddy
2 weeks 12 hours ago
 Total posts:   9690  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:He has experience doing both so that would be a great guess. Also, either Evans or Rivers must be the odd man out. And Rivers just got re signed. Not carrying 5 RBs on the roster.

Evans might be relegated to the practice squad. Or at the very least inactive on game days. He was a 5th round pick. They don't all work out. It happens.

I wonder if Boston Scott can be used in a similar role Darren Sproles was used? Catching passes out of the backfield and returning punts/kicks. They say with the new rule changes on kickoffs running backs are a better fit than straight line fast returners.

• 3 / 3
24 posts May 17 2024