58 posts
  • 6 / 6
 by Dare
2 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   99  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Verse was rated by many to be a top 10 pick. Yeah, I honestly thought they would take a QB because of Stafford's contract and injury history. The fact he's now wanting more guaranteed money shows me I wasn't far off.

All that said I'm very happy with this pick. Verse reminds me a lot of Von Miller in terms of his athleticism, and style of play. The Rams sorely missed Von when he went to Buffalo. Now AD has retired. But now they have Verse (think of him as a young Miller) and Fiske to pair with Turner inside and the Rams have the makings of a front that can match the defensive front they had with Floyd (Young), Donald (Turner & Fiske) and Miller (Verse). That is the type of defensive front the Rams will be bringing to the game. Not for just one year but for multiple years.

So hell yeah I love the Verse pick how could I not. I look at the team in its totality not simply at the individuals. I'm still concerned with the long term picture of the franchise QB as I have concerns that the Rams will not give in to Stafford's demands because of his injury history. I don't see Kroenke signing off on that. But that is all about 2025. This year the Rams have the offense and now the defense to be a legitimate Super Bowl contender. This is actually a more complete team than the one that won the Super Bowl IMO.

by rams74
2 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   1492  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Dare wrote:So hell yeah I love the Verse pick how could I not. I look at the team in its totality not simply at the individuals. I'm still concerned with the long term picture of the franchise QB as I have concerns that the Rams will not give in to Stafford's demands because of his injury history. I don't see Kroenke signing off on that.

If McVay, Snead, and Pastoors sign off on it, Kroenke will absolutely sign off on it.

by Elvis
2 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   38757  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Dare wrote:Verse was rated by many to be a top 10 pick. Yeah, I honestly thought they would take a QB because of Stafford's contract and injury history. The fact he's now wanting more guaranteed money shows me I wasn't far off.

It shows you're way off. If the Rams had a problem with Stafford they would've taken a QB. They didn't.

The fact Stafford would like his contract guaranteed beyond this season shows he plans to play beyond this season.

McVay and Snead have said they very much want to make Stafford happy and have him playing for the Rams beyond this year.

This is where things stand.

by AltiTude Ram
1 week 4 days ago
 Total posts:   2187  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

This is pretty good trash talk among friends. At the 5:30 mark.

by snackdaddy
1 week 4 days ago
 Total posts:   9689  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Now that was a good interview. They had no idea Verse was there with Benson. Great stuff. If I'm Benson I make a business decision and avoid taking Verse head on. That is one tough dude.

by ramsman34
1 week 4 days ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

“I’m gonna knock the paint off his helmet”. That’s was golden right there. Lmao

by PARAM
1 week 1 day ago
 Total posts:   12292  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

AltiTude Ram wrote:This is pretty good trash talk among friends. At the 5:30 mark.

That was absolutely awesome. 8-)

What is really exciting is the prospect of at least 3 years of Verse - Young on the edges and Turner - Fiske inside. We could be witnessing the birth of something special. Ironically, the first season without AD. If this works out it'll be an even greater time to be a Ram fan than it's been the last 7 years. Crazy.

• 6 / 6
58 posts May 15 2024