40 posts
  • 4 / 4
 by BrooklynRam74
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   204  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Elvis wrote:Also shows you they really wanted him...

My theory is they could have got him for 52. 83 and the 5th. But since the Rams wanted to keep 83 so bad they substituted it with next year's 2nd Rounder, which is how it works. Picks "depreciate" a round for each year, hence, 2024 3rd = 2025 2nd.

by Elvis
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   38762  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

BrooklynRam74 wrote:My theory is they could have got him for 52. 83 and the 5th. But since the Rams wanted to keep 83 so bad they substituted it with next year's 2nd Rounder, which is how it works. Picks "depreciate" a round for each year, hence, 2024 3rd = 2025 2nd.

Just started a thread on that, about the whole depreciation thing.

I think it's fair to say the Rams overpaid but they knew what they were doing and decided it was worth it in this instance. They've done stuff like this before and it has mostly worked out.

I'm not gonna cry about it but i'm not gonna pretend they didn't overpay either...

by BrooklynRam74
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   204  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2024/0 ... aft-quote/

Within the article, McVay says "I'm glad Tony was able to get this thing done." I thought trades were Les' area??? 🤷‍♂️

by rams74
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   1492  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:Just started a thread on that, about the whole depreciation thing.

I think it's fair to say the Rams overpaid but they knew what they were doing and decided it was worth it in this instance. They've done stuff like this before and it has mostly worked out.

I'm not gonna cry about it but i'm not gonna pretend they didn't overpay either...

Yes, they overpaid. And it did not go unnoticed.

Mel Kiper said he wanted to give the Rams' draft an A- grade, but that he had to dock them for the overpay on the trade up, so he gave them a B+ instead.

Obviously, nobody cares what grades the pundits hand out post-draft. Just saying people paid attention to it.

If Fiske turns out to be that good, it all gets swept under the rug.

If not..., I mean everybody remembers the Rams traded up to draft Tavon Austin.

by Will0120
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Vancouver, Canada
Commissioner

rams74 wrote:If not..., I mean everybody remembers the Rams traded up to draft Tavon Austin.

I feel like that's long forgotten haha... Honestly, the under/over pay only seems to matter in draft season and to us armchair GM's. Once the season gets going, no one really cares about it anymore.

Just as a test, who here remembers off the top of their head what we had to trade away to draft Jared Goff without looking it up? ;)

by Elvis
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   38762  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Will0120 wrote:I feel like that's long forgotten haha... Honestly, the under/over pay only seems to matter in draft season and to us armchair GM's. Once the season gets going, no one really cares about it anymore.

Just as a test, who here remembers off the top of their head what we had to trade away to draft Jared Goff without looking it up? ;)

I don't but it was a ton.

Off the top of my head (might be off some) we traded a 2 for Watkins, a 1 for Cooks, a 2 for Peters?, 2 1's for Ramsey, another haul for Stafford and here we are: competitive almost every year, won a SB and still competitive.

My NFL theory of everything is: If you you have your coach (OC) and QB, you're probably gonna be okay. If not, probably not...

by actionjack
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   4039  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Bottom line if Fiske/Verse pairing is good no one will worry about the cost.

by ramsman34
2 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Elvis wrote:Just started a thread on that, about the whole depreciation thing.

Also, we are assuming it will be at the bottom of the round. So still in the top 100 but somewhere in the 58-64 range 8-)

by actionjack
2 weeks 2 hours ago
 Total posts:   4039  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

I mean I still remember vividly that Koby Turner was a reach and is too small, wont hold up.
I trust the Rams at this point, also helps to have watched Fiske dominant in practice at the Senior Bowl.

Also I heard an interview on a pod from one of the organizers of the senior bowl. They had to move Fiske the day of the game to the other team due to injuries to the DL. That was the one guy the orgnaizer knew wouldnt freak out if he had to tell him that. Also said if you got to watch the game film of the Senior Bowl to determine MVP of the game, Fiske would have won it.

• 4 / 4
40 posts May 16 2024