440 posts
  • 30 / 44
 by ramsman34
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   8576  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

actionjack wrote:Yes clearly they have and probably will continue to lean into the offense, but if we arent talking about just making the playoffs we are talking about Chips.

In order to challenge for a Super Bowl, we need a MUCH better pass rush. We are ranked towards the bottom in pass rush win rate. So I am def in the camp of adding early and often to EDGE, understanding they may want to add a playmaker.

I think the only mostly sure thing is the Rams will not draft at 19, they will either trade up or trade down IMO.

And I agree with this. I just think they are going for defensive help after adding another stud offensive playmaker. There are number of edge and DL prospects who fit the Rams mold and can be had in the late first through late third. Rams will be moving around to hit targets. I just don’t known which offensive guy or three they really want in the first, for the potential trade up.

by PARAM
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   12270  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:And I agree with this. I just think they are going for defensive help after adding another stud offensive playmaker. There are number of edge and DL prospects who fit the Rams mold and can be had in the late first through late third. Rams will be moving around to hit targets. I just don’t known which offensive guy or three they really want in the first, for the potential trade up.

Are they paying you to create smoke screens? 😁 Every expert and his brother are picking out defenders the Rams might take! But I agree with you! To a point. You're referring to offensive 'playmakers' but it wouldn't shock me if they went OT! Now share some of those benjamins! :lol2:

by actionjack
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   3985  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:And I agree with this. I just think they are going for defensive help after adding another stud offensive playmaker. There are number of edge and DL prospects who fit the Rams mold and can be had in the late first through late third. Rams will be moving around to hit targets. I just don’t known which offensive guy or three they really want in the first, for the potential trade up.

Yeah well from what I have heard from draftniks is there is a clear divide between the top 4 EDGE guys and the rest. Now I know you can address pressure other ways, but waiting to long on EDGE is concern of mine if we want better results next season and beyond.

by Elvis
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   38609  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I'm starting to buy into the Laiatu Latu hype a bit.

As always, it comes down to who do the Rams really like? And we don't know.

Do they think one of those WRs are something special? Does McVay want his own Justin Jefferson or Tyreek? The Rams have gone out and got Sammy Watkins, Brandin Cooks, OBJ but in the end the guys who did most of the lifting were Woods, Kupp and now Puka.

They did allegedly try to trade up for Kincaid last year.

10 days to go...

by PARAM
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   12270  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I'm starting to buy into the Laiatu Latu hype a bit.

Do they think one of those WRs are something special?

I was initially concerned about Latu's previous injury. I wanted them to draft the DT Murphy. Both were believed to possibly be available around #19. Eventually, Latu grew on me. But by then, he's not expected to make to #19. IF his medicals come back clean. And they have.

Then we have our very own Ramsman34. I believe he is onto something. He has had this very strong feeling (for weeks now) that the Rams are going to trade up for an offensive playmaker. Bolster the offense to help our 'new' defense without AD and with our new first time defensive coordinator. It makes a lot of sense.

But could they trade up for Latu? And could a talented defensive rookie who some say is the best edge rusher in this draft, help the already built up offense? Pressure creates turnovers and turnovers help the offense....IF they can capitalize on them.

So I have a feeling too. Ramsman34 may be right. The Rams are going to trade up for a playmaker who helps the offense. Or...maybe I'm full of shit. I typed the above theory while watching a show on the Voynich manuscript.

by ramsman34
1 week 6 days ago

PARAM wrote:Are they paying you to create smoke screens? 😁 Every expert and his brother are picking out defenders the Rams might take! But I agree with you! To a point. You're referring to offensive 'playmakers' but it wouldn't shock me if they went OT! Now share some of those benjamins! :lol2:

Lmao. Wouldn’t shock me either.

The method to my madness;

There are more blue chip offensive players in the first round than defensive. The Rams won’t pick for need if the value they have in a player doesn’t line up with draft slot. Couple that fact with the fact that the offense is where most of their proven talent is, MCV is an offense coach, and they know they have to score and control possession to help out their AD-less D, and you get “draft a stud offensive playmaker or at worst, up grade your LT to “elite” for the foreseeable future.

What defensive player do you really see or hear teams talking about moving up to draft? Pretty much none.

by ramsman34
1 week 6 days ago

PARAM wrote:I was initially concerned about Latu's previous injury. I wanted them to draft the DT Murphy. Both were believed to possibly be available around #19. Eventually, Latu grew on me. But by then, he's not expected to make to #19. IF his medicals come back clean. And they have.

Then we have our very own Ramsman34. I believe he is onto something. He has had this very strong feeling (for weeks now) that the Rams are going to trade up for an offensive playmaker. Bolster the offense to help our 'new' defense without AD and with our new first time defensive coordinator. It makes a lot of sense.

But could they trade up for Latu? And could a talented defensive rookie who some say is the best edge rusher in this draft, help the already built up offense? Pressure creates turnovers and turnovers help the offense....IF they can capitalize on them.

So I have a feeling too. Ramsman34 may be right. The Rams are going to trade up for a playmaker who helps the offense. Or...maybe I'm full of shit. I typed the above theory while watching a show on the Voynich manuscript.

Had to Google Voynich. lol. I’m afraid Latu is close to his ceiling. Maybe that’s good enough if they love him. I don’t see it. We will see. No Vaughn Millers in this draft is my take. But history will prove me wrong I am sure. Hope the Rams draft THAT GUY.

by snackdaddy
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   9672  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I'm starting to buy into the Laiatu Latu hype a bit.

Do they think one of those WRs are something special? Does McVay want his own Justin Jefferson or Tyreek? The Rams have gone out and got Sammy Watkins, Brandin Cooks, OBJ but in the end the guys who did most of the lifting were Woods, Kupp and now Puka.

They did allegedly try to trade up for Kincaid last year.

10 days to go...

Their board may not look like any of ours. The need is on the defensive side of the ball. With so many offensive players going before 19 there should be some good defensive talent left.

Question is, do they draft for need? Rookies usually need a season to acclimate to the speed and strength of the NFL. If its about this year do they draft a defensive guy and hope he's ready day one? Or do they just go BPA no matter the need? Because that could be an offensive lineman.

by Elvis
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   38609  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Schrager:

https://www.nfl.com/news/peter-schrager ... pick-cb-qb

I'll go on record with something of a guarantee here: If the Rams do not trade back, you better believe Sean McVay's first-ever first-round selection will be an offensive player. Los Angeles shored up its interior O-line in free agency. Guyton -- a bit of a project, but someone who can play either tackle spot -- gives Matthew Stafford another promising young guy to protect him in his 16th NFL season.

by actionjack
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   3985  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Peter Schrager Draft Board, I didnt have "project" left tackle on my card...
Peter is very clued into the Rams, I really hope he is wrong. But maybe PARAM is right lol.
Also ELVIS he has Latu going at 12 :shock2:

https://www.nfl.com/news/peter-schrager ... pick-cb-qb

Pick
Los Angeles Rams
Los Angeles Rams
Tyler Guyton
Tyler Guyton
Oklahoma · OT · Junior (RS)

I'll go on record with something of a guarantee here: If the Rams do not trade back, you better believe Sean McVay's first-ever first-round selection will be an offensive player. Los Angeles shored up its interior O-line in free agency. Guyton -- a bit of a project, but someone who can play either tackle spot -- gives Matthew Stafford another promising young guy to protect him in his 16th NFL season.

• 30 / 44
440 posts Apr 29 2024