160 posts
  • 16 / 16
 by Joe Pendleton
7 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   1843  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:NSFL?

i was actually going to poke fun at the idea, and then i remembered all those juco dudes trying to get to Div 1, and beyond.. whatever helps that journey is awesome :D

by ramman2999
7 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   570  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Colin Kaepernick should be in this league. If you are trying to prove you’re back. Get in this league. Play against live football action. It will generate buzz. And scouts can see if you’re still athletic. Gives you a season to get in shape for training camp.

Isn’t that what the XFL is all about trying to get back to the league.

by St. Loser Fan
7 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   10521  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

ramman2999 wrote:Colin Kaepernick should be in this league. If you are trying to prove you’re back. Get in this league. Play against live football action. It will generate buzz. And scouts can see if you’re still athletic. Gives you a season to get in shape for training camp.

Isn’t that what the XFL is all about trying to get back to the league.

Every time someone gets pulled up they congratulate the guy.

Because they know they’re dead if they block anyone.

by ramsman34
7 months 1 day ago
 Total posts:   8576  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Joe Pendleton wrote:i was actually going to poke fun at the idea, and then i remembered all those juco dudes trying to get to Div 1, and beyond.. whatever helps that journey is awesome :D

I coached a lot of kids at that level. A few made it to the league, one a multiple all pro. I too am all for any avenues to keep their dream alive.

by St. Loser Fan
3 weeks 1 day ago
Hall of Fame

Beautiful spring Saturday in the dying city with bad football fans. All of this happened downtown within a mile of each other:
-39000 fans at Cardinals game in afternoon
-23000 fans at sold out soccer game in evening
-40000 fans at spring minor league football
-(plus a sold out country music concert at the arena)

by St. Loser Fan
3 weeks 1 day ago
Hall of Fame

It was a drunken mess. Like before it was a very redneck vibe that felt like WWE or NASCAR. Crowd came in to the dome heavily liquored up and kept it going. More drinking/drunkenedness than I’ve ever seen at any sporting event. In stadium bars were overwhelmed and hawkers couldn’t get 10 steps from the warehouse areas before getting attacked by eager customers. I felt sorry for the security that had to try and help a 300+ pound drunk guy up.

Totally different crowd than the family/BMW & Audi driving/craft beer drinkers 15 blocks away watching the soccer match.

The Dome sucks and always will suck. But at least they’re painting/fixing things and have pretty much de-Rammed the place to make it agnostic. The red seats are still dumb though.

Someone on Etsy made “F*ck Kroenke” flags with Stan’s face and devils horns. There were a few in the tailgate lot and more in the stadium being carried by fans.

EDIT: At least they’ve purged the ushers from the Rams days that ordered people to sit down and shut up.

by St. Loser Fan
3 weeks 1 day ago
Hall of Fame

For you guys that will claim they papered with free tickets, I never heard/saw anything giving away freebies. I really do think the numbers were legit.

And even if they papered the place, they made money selling a lot of $12 and $16 beers.

by rams74
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   1479  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:-39000 fans at Cardinals game in afternoon

Meh, what do you expect for Cardinals' baseball?
St. Loser Fan wrote:-23000 fans at sold out soccer game in evening

Meh, what do you expect for MLS in a good soccer town?
St. Loser Fan wrote:-40000 fans at spring minor league football

That's insane! Even if most of them were drunk.

I still say the Battlehawks' uniforms are great. Love that helmet. Maybe that helps? Can't hurt.

• 16 / 16
160 posts Apr 29 2024