• 1 / 2
 by BobCarl
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

https://www.nfl.com/news/aaron-rodgers- ... rival-team

Aaron Donald VS.Seattle Seahawks

Numbers against the Seahawks: 15 games, 14 sacks, 40 QB hits, 22 tackles for loss.

Every team but the Rams has felt the wrath of Donald at one point or another -- but he's made life exceptionally miserable for Russell Wilson and the Seahawks. The three-time Defensive Player of the Year has more sacks against Seattle than any other active player besides Robert Quinn (who, incredibly, has matched him with 14 thus far). But Donald's dominance in the Pacific Northwest goes beyond sacks. He's also outpaced all active players in tackles for loss and QB hits against Seattle in that span since those stats were first tracked (1999 and 2006, respectively).

Next meeting: Week 15 in Los Angeles (Donald recorded a sack, seven tackles, two tackles for loss and three QB hits against the Seahawks in Week 5).

BobCarl says: Thank God they didn't include former players as LaDainian Tramayne Tomlinson would be listed as owning my other favorite NFL team.

by BobCarl
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

It is fun to revisit the retro (1970's) verbage, as well as the 20-yr or so old word "pwmed" ... for those scrabble players "pwmed" is an official word.

Be diss-missive about it if anyone likes ... thanks to Aaron Rodgers is back in vogue (another retro word LOL).

The writer of the article, Gil Brandt is older than my father, I wouldn't call him a juvenile, he and Mr. Aaron Rodgers are just being suave. (LOL)

What is a good synonym for the almost boring word "dominate"?

by Hacksaw
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

AvengerRam wrote:This whole “own” thing is so juvenile.

Just another way to say we've got their number. NBD. And the Rams have lately.

by AvengerRam
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Of course it’s no big deal. I do find it interesting, though, that the league mandates that a flag be thrown if a player taunts an opponent in any way, while Rodgers gets praised for taunting opposing fans.

I’m not impressed.

by PARAM
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Of course it’s no big deal. I do find it interesting, though, that the league mandates that a flag be thrown if a player taunts an opponent in any way, while Rodgers gets praised for taunting opposing fans.

I’m not impressed.

What I find interesting is IMHO Rodgers is considerably better than Brady, yet Brady owns the Lombardi and Rodgers owns excuse making. If he plays as long as Brady he will take all his records except the most important one.

by azramsfan93
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:Of course it’s no big deal. I do find it interesting, though, that the league mandates that a flag be thrown if a player taunts an opponent in any way, while Rodgers gets praised for taunting opposing fans.

I’m not impressed.

They have taken the taunting rule too far IMHO. I watched the Thursday night game and the called Eagles LB Avery for taunting Fournette for just looking at him.

C’mon.

by azramsfan93
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

PARAM wrote:What I find interesting is IMHO Rodgers is considerably better than Brady, yet Brady owns the Lombardi and Rodgers owns excuse making. If he plays as long as Brady he will take all his records except the most important one.

Who considers Rogers better than Brady?

Only one of them is the GOAT and it’s not Rogers.

by AvengerRam
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

azramsfan93 wrote:They have taken the taunting rule too far IMHO. I watched the Thursday night game and the called Eagles LB Avery for taunting Fournette for just looking at him.

C’mon.

Agreed. What Rodgers did was far worse, if you are trying to eliminate taunting.

by PARAM
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

azramsfan93 wrote:Who considers Rogers better than Brady?

Only one of them is the GOAT and it’s not Rogers.

The eyeball test!!

Rodgers is by far a more talented QB than Brady. Brady is the GOAT because he's still playing at 44 (therefore owns all the longevity records; yards, TDs, etc) AND he's won all those Superbowls.

Brady: 305 GS; 6961 of 10865 (64.1%) 81268 yds (7.48 yds/att) 598 TD (5.5%) 194 Int (1.8%) 97.5 QB rating
Rodgers: 196 GS, 4409 of 6713 (65.8%) 52681 yds (7.87 yds/att) 424 TD (6.3%) 92 Int (1.4%) 103.9 QB rating

Brady played all those years in New England where he threw the ball 7 yards and Troy Brown, Edleman or Amendola took it for 15 - 20 yards. High percentage throws. His TD % is almost a full percentage point less than Rodgers and he's got a worse Int %, not to mention his QB rating is considerably lower. He's the GOAT mostly because of the team he played on, the coach he played for and last but not least, the weak division he played in most of his career. His team had a minimum 5 wins before opening kickoff playing the Jets, Bills and Dolphins twice a year. He's great, for sure, anybody who wins that many Superbowls has got to be but he's not the greatest QB IMHO.

• 1 / 2
18 posts Apr 16 2024