by Hacksaw
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

So you're saying he gets a bum rapp?

by TomSlick
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

CanuckRightWinger wrote:FYI TomSlick: A great drive is alleged to be had in a 1997 SAAB 900 SE Talladega Convertible sportster eh!! ;)

Cheers from Vancouver, BC!
Go Rams!!!

I'm sure that was a great drive. One for the books, as they say.

My wife worked in Toronto at CBC on a lengthy business trip. Her lineage is Chinese though first generation born in California.

by TomSlick
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:What is an Ori? suspect it means Oriental but I have not heard that term before. (I have a good friend "Scotty Show" whose first wife was Laos and his second wife is Japanese. Show does not have much of a filter when he talks either. I remember when he was at a PTA meeting years ago when his kids were in Jr. High. One of the teachers complimented him on their math ability. He said, "What did you expect? They're half Asian."

Yup, you win the prize. "Ori" is short for Oriental. Considered a slam as any Asian will tell you, "Orientals are rugs, Asians are people". However, the Slick household is more like "Gran Torino", where Eastwood and his friends rip each other a new one for their ethnic heritage. All in good fun and done for laughs.

The Mrs. is an engineer thus completing the stereotype.

• 2 / 2
13 posts Apr 15 2024