171 posts
  • 15 / 18
 by Hacksaw
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

/zn/ wrote:Which means (in your view) it exists as a sentiment in the league, just not verbalized in emails.

I think your view that it exists is probably more right than not.

Yep.

by azramsfan93
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

/zn/ wrote:Which means (in your view) it exists as a sentiment in the league, just not verbalized in emails.

I think your view that it exists is probably more right than not.

No offense, but I think it’s pretty obvious that is exactly what I said.

As long as there are no words or actions we are obviously speculating, but you can’t control what people think or feel (despite the significant effort of some).

by /zn/
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

azramsfan93 wrote:No offense, but I think it’s pretty obvious that is exactly what I said.

As long as there are no words or actions we are obviously speculating, but you can’t control what people think or feel (despite the significant effort of some).

Except in many ways, people control what others think and feel all the time. They're the ones with the power in any given situation--they do the hiring, the promoting, decide the budgets, etc.

According to you, a high percentage of them think like Gruden. Racist, homophobic, sexist. Some of us are never affected by that, because we look like Gruden.

Also according to you, although people like that (Grudens) have a huge amount of control over others, we are not supposed to care about how they think or feel.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

by azramsfan93
2 years 5 months ago
Pro Bowl

/zn/ wrote:Except in many ways, people control what others think and feel all the time. They're the ones with the power in any given situation--they do the hiring, the promoting, decide the budgets, etc.

That is total BS, but I would expect nothing less. People can INFLUENCE what others think and feel, but unless you invented a B-movie sci-fi mind ray they are not controlling anything. It's called free choice, and it is given by God to all of us.

According to you, a high percentage of them think like Gruden. Racist, homophobic, sexist. Some of us are never affected by that, because we look like Gruden.

Where did I say high percentage? As usual you are attributing YOUR words to my writing. Knock it off. I only said there are others and I believe it to be true.

Also according to you, although people like that (Grudens) have a huge amount of control over others, we are not supposed to care about how they think or feel.

You are seriously deluded. Where did I say anything about how you or anyone else are supposed to think or feel? Show us all. Again, you are attributing your words to me. Again, KNOCK IT OFF.

Also, people in positions of responsiblity have power over others with regards to their job. They DO NOT CONTROL what they think or feel.

The only people I am aware of that TRY TO CONTROL others thoughts are the members of the Church of Wokeness (of which I assume you follow the liturgy and sacraments faithfully). BTW, it doesn't work, and people will get over the fear of cancellation soon enough. There will be a backlash at the ballot box.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

Some Patriots fans are now clamoring for the email release because they’re under a misguided impression there are emails that exonerate the Patriots in Deflategate.

Yeah, right.

by /zn/
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

azramsfan93 wrote:That is total BS, but I would expect nothing less. People can INFLUENCE what others think and feel

You don't read very well. I talked about people in positions of power who determine things like hiring, promotions, and so on.

The rule is they tend to hire and promote people who remind them of themselves. In sociology this is called the gatekeeper effect. They have strong influence over who gets jobs and why etc.

You pointed out that there are a lot of Grudens out there with similiar ideas to this day. Yet you overlook the fact that Grudens who have power tend to make the worlds they have power over to be like them.

To you it's just all private thinking. The sociological reality is that the Grudens of this world are in a lot of places where they do the hiring and set policies etc. So it's not just this innocent in their own heads kind of thing. Grudens have effects in this world, where they are in charge, and so far the majority of people in positions of power in business and the police and the news and so on are Grudens.

We agree that plenty of Grudens think the way the Raiders Gruden thinks. You said yourself it;s prevalent. I just use common sense to draw the important conclusions from that.

by azramsfan93
2 years 5 months ago
Pro Bowl

/zn/ wrote:You don't read very well. I talked about people in positions of power who determine things like hiring, promotions, and so on.

I read just fine. Your babbling is incoherent. Definitely part of the liturgy of the Church of Wokeness.

The rule is they tend to hire and promote people who remind them of themselves. In sociology this is called the gatekeeper effect. They have strong influence over who gets jobs and why etc.

"Rule". What a joke. Junk "science". A degree in sociology and $5 will get you a cup of Joe at Starbucks.

You pointed out that there are a lot of Grudens out there with similiar ideas to this day.

Once again, you are attributing things to me I NEVER SAID. KNOCK IT OFF!!!

I said I think there are others. I never said "a lot". I also said I was only speculating because I have no evidence.

Yet you overlook the fact that Grudens who have power tend to make the worlds they have power over to be like them.

Total incoherence. It is hard to debate with someone who gaslights with such ease. Nothing you typed in that sentence is remotely close to a provable fact. More junk "science" I guess.

To you it's just all private thinking.

Excuse me, but what other kind of thinking is there? Are you connected to a party line? Maybe you should seek help.

The sociological reality

You lost the entire debate right there. "Reality" must be really odd in your world. What color is the sky?

We agree that plenty of Grudens think the way the Raiders Gruden thinks.

We do not agree, and once again, stop attributing things to me I NEVER SAID! The only funny part is that you had the temerety to accuse me of not reading well, and yet continue to lie about what I actually typed.

You said yourself it;s prevalent.

Show me in my text exactly where I said it is prevalent. Do they have classes in how to gaslight at your church?

You bore me with your pseudo intellectualism. I am done. Just stop attributing words to me that I never typed.

Enjoy your need for the last word, but know you are doing it without me reading it.

by Elvis
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

AZ and zn, you need to take it to General Discussion if you want to keep going at it over these issues. It's one thing to have a one off comment summarizing your position even if it's a little off topic but if you really want to go deeper, general discussion.

Meanwhile Davis seems to have gotten his message right, finally:

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

Just paid for his silence.

• 15 / 18
171 posts Apr 16 2024